This hotel was our first stop after a 12+4 hrs travel from HK via LAX to Guatemala city + 2 hrs drive to Antigua.
We felt very welcomed and cared for starting from the most friendly check-in. We were offered a room to refresh and rest at (arrived at 9am), and complimentary parking across the street.
The hotel location is great- a straight 5 min. walk onto the central plaza yet far enough from the bustle of the town centre to provide a tranquil environment.
All rooms are very good - well designed, thoughfully equiped and quiet, only the yellow room is right allong the hallway and next to the kitchen, so may not be suitable for a sensitive sleeper. The beds are soft and comfortable and the bed sheets are of the smoothest cotton.
All the staff were nice and smily, friendly and helpful, especially Anidab (if I remember his name correctly).
All of the above plus a quality hearty breakfast, tranquil environment and sun-tanning on the roof top terrace helped us to recover from a severe jet lag/ fatigue and prepare us for our 2 weeks trip through Central America.
Thank you for professionalism and genuine hospitality!
- Also Known As:
- Posada Del Angel Hotel Antigua
- Posada Del Angel Hotel
- Posada Del Angel Antigua Guatemala
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada del Angel, pioneer of the boutique hotel concept in Antigua Guatemala, is a colonial inn par excellence. This elegant boutique hotel, winner of the 2007 Andrew Harper hideaway report, is recognized world-wide by its 7 personalized suites (each with a good burning fire place) and high quality/first class service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Hotels.com, Expedia and EasyToBook so you can book your Posada del Angel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.