I have stayed at this hotel several times now and absolutely love it. All rooms are beautifully furnished, service is stellar. and they even have wi-fi connection. This is about as good as it gets, for a price this reasonable, in Central America.
It's true that not all rooms come with good views, and if you get a room near the street, you will encounter some noise at night. If these things matter to you, ask to be placed upstairs.
I particularly like their restaurant. The dinner show, featuring native Mayan dancers in full costume, is very fun the first time you go, a little boring on subsequent visits - but definitely not something you will find in the States. Order the crab and shrimp fettuccine. You won't be disappointed.
Antigua is the most European-like city in Guatemala, and staying in this part of town feels like spending a night in Madrid. I look forward to many future visits to Antigua and to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Posada De Don Rodrigo Hotel Antigua
- Posada De Don Rodrigo Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casa De Los Leones, today Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo conserves its ambiance that characterizes a colonial and antique home in Guatemala. Restored between 1968 and 1971 Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo is located just 2 blocks from the Central Park and in the heart of La Antigua. Its colonial design and ambiance will take you back in time. The hotel has 41 rooms each one of them wit their own history and uniqueness, will allow you to experience a stay that will be like no other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.