“Memorable stay at an amazing hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Oferta en Ceiba Porta Spa
Ranked #16 of 76 hotels in Antigua
Charlotte, NC
“Memorable stay at an amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was visiting my daughter who was volunteering in Guatemala for 8 weeks this summer, and we recently spent five nighst at the Porta Hotel. This was my first time in Guatemala and I was so pleasantly surprised at how much I loved the town of Antigua and the Porta Hotel!

The hotel is situated perfectly within Antigua, just a few blocks down from the Center Square. We walked everywhere and felt perfectly safe. Our room was spacious and very clean, with two beds, a large bathroom, and we overlooked the playground in the beautiful courtyard area. The piped in music that played softly throughout the common area offered a perfect sound track to our stay. And if that wasn't enough, looking up from the hotel courtyard each morning at the surrounding volcanoes was in and of itself, amazing!

Breakfast was included with our stay and it was very generous (and delicious). We ate dinner several times in the hotel and ended each day with a glass of wine in the bar area, overlooking the pool. At all times we found the hotel and restaurant staff to be courteous and very attentive. One day, we visited the onsite spa to have manicures and pedicures and that, too was incredibly relaxing.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Antigua!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fernando X, General Manager at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear Scoobycat318,

Thank you so much for posting this exceptional review on Trip Advisor. These positive comments are greatly appreciated and I have passed your kind words to everyone. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to my team as they try so hard to make our guests comfortable and happy.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Medinah, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

What a beautiful, elegant, peaceful, clean and relaxing place! The grounds, pool, and rooms were superb! All was very clean, neat and the service was out of this world! Their food was also very good and the breakfast was specially delicious with a number of choices that would for sure please any taste and appetite. I will be staying at this hotel in all my future visits to Antigua!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Teresitail,

I am speechless after reading your amazing review. Thank you for finding Porta Hotel Antigua to be so excellent, I am delighted that your expectations were surpassed. Our passionate staff tries very hard to make our guests happy, so comments like yours make all their efforts even more worthwhile. We will be all looking forward to welcome you in the near future to your home away from home!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our first time STAYING at La Porta Hotel Antigua, but we had been swimming here in years past. Reservations were easily made at a low cost, with breakfast buffet included, and we were welcomed like long lost friends. The room was delightful, and the wifi (my pet peeve) worked so quickly! Our daughter made fast friends with tourists and locals at the pool, and she had as good a time as we did. This is a fantastic place for families because of the large pool, flowered grounds, birds, balconies and outdoor seating. Don't miss out!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony poolside.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Discerning12385,

Thank you so much for your very kind words. It is very rewarding to read such nice comments about your stay. Thank you for highlighting them. We do want to make our guests feel at home from the moment they arrive and I am thrilled that you felt this and that you were impressed.
We will be all looking forward to welcome you and your lovely family in the near future.

Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We made a last minute decision to travel for the first time to Antigua to take our children to a spanish language emersion school. We chose Porta for our stay, while our children stayed with a local family. Not having been to Guatemala before our expectations were low. Wow, were we surprised. Porta was an oasis for us. The grounds were kept like a botanical garden, the food, particularly the local dishes were awesome. Rooms and grounds very clean. AC worked well enough to freeze us out of our room, if we wanted. Staff were friendly and many helped us with by knowing English very well. Concierge helped with connections and special requests.

Room Tip: We were in the section away from main lobby (they say across the street). Our entrance was 200 feet...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear WWCh121,
Thank you sincerely for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. We have a very dedicated team and it is our aim to ensure that you have a memorable stay with us. These positive comments are greatly appreciated and I have passed your kind words to everyone.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
Varde, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This five-star review is perhaps a bit misleading (I have never actually stayed at the hotel, I just used their pool while living with an host family in Antigua), but nevertheless I want to compliment this hotel, because if you're like me and can't afford staying at such a nice hotel like this - don't hesitate by visiting it anyway, using their pool (for payment, off course - not expensive, though) and maybe have some dinner at their restaurant, because it is really a nice place to spend the entire day if you're longing for some relaxation in Antigua or just want to experience a bit of luxury without breaking the budget. The staff is also very nice, even though I only came there for the pool and the atmosphere, so don't worry if you're just a poor student like me - You will still feel welcomed!

Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Porta Antigua hotel was wonderful! A romantic place, beautiful gardens and pools. The service was excellent and the breakfast buffet was good! The location was good as well. A couple of blocks to get anywhere. I would definitely return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fernando X, Gerente at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
What a lovely review! Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Porta Hotel Antigua! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our service. I have passed on your kind words to our team and I look forward to personally welcoming you on your next visit.

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Definitely worth the price. I cant wait to go back! The pool was my favorite part. The most unique part was that the only way to get to my room was to go through an underground tunnel with water fountains. Very cool, but anyone coming home late after drinking a couple Gallos should be extra careful because those stairs are super steep!!!

Staff = A
Food = B+
Rooms = A-
Pool = A
Location = A-

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Porta Hotel Antigua? Share your experiences!