“Roomy mini suite and delicious breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Service at Ceiba Spa
Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in Antigua
Denver, CO
“Roomy mini suite and delicious breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

I had been living in Antigua for months and wanted to splurge for the evening instead of of staying in my apartment. I had been coming reguarly to the hotel's spa, pool and health club as a member. The spa is one of the nicest in Antigua! The room was a large mini suite and the rate offered was a good value for the money. It was very nice, but smelled like mold and mildew and there were some dead bugs on the floor. The room rate included an extensive breakfast buffet that was delicious! I also had a filling club sandwich from room service. I would stay there again as long as it is not on a weekend when there are too many kids around and using the pool and playground area. I prefer more quiteness. Overall a very good experience!

Room Tip: ask for one of the mini suites
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I want tp advise anyone who loves to be treated well, eat well and have all the sevices one can think of that they would enjoy, then say at this hotel. It is a 10 thanks to all the wonderful help.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I stayed here with my son. He loved the garden playground, parrots and the pool. The room was great and the place was perfect.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Porta Hotel in Antigua not knowing what we were getting ourselves into. This was our first trip to Antigua and were not sure about what our Hotel would end up being like. Surprise! surprise! What a gem the staff, the service, and the overall experience it was! Porta made us feel at home. They were courteous, attentive, friendly, and genuine. We were greeted with a smile each day troughout the day during our stay. Their restaurant serves the most delicious food, although, pricy in comparison to other restaurants in the city.

A special thanks to "Don Aurelio" for being such a charming gentleman and for offering his assistance, always! We highly recomend this place for a serene, relaxing get away.

The Hotel hosts conferences for large groups, so if seclusion is what you are looking for Porta my not be your place, however, in no way my wife and I ever felt crowded or disrupted by this. The Hotel design offers space for eveyone.

The amenities were very comfortable and very clean. Porta and Antigua make a wonderful combination for a peaceful and charming experience. We felt completely safe and joyful all the time. Unforgetable trip!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Just left Porta Hotel in Antigua after a three night stay. The hotel staff were just great. The grounds were beautiful. The massage from Laura at the spa was fantastic. The location of the hotel in Antigua was just perfect. The breakfasts were really good and had great variety. The hotel gym had very modern equipment. The one thing I wished for was better lighting in the room and in the walkways. I will return to Porta Hotel next weekend with my young daughters, and they are just going to love the pool and playground.
I am looking forward to my return trip to the hotel next weekend!

Room Tip: Ask for one around the pool in the main building
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

The location was wonderful, the property from the outside is beautiful, very dark and depressing rooms, really needs lighter colors, I could not read or even do makeup in the room or bathroom, even with the curtains open, extremely dark furniture, floors, walls and accessories....depressing!
The staff was lovely and friendly.

Room Tip: try to get rooms away from pool and banquet rooms
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
PortaGuatemala, General Manager at Porta Hotel Antigua, responded to this review, July 2, 2011
Dear Panicale63,

Thank you ver much for your comments. They are very important so we can work on the details which are essential. Can be so kind to give us the room number where you stayed so we can review the specific issues you list and should you have any further items please do let us know!
If you can send the email to info@portahotels.com att: Andreas
We will certainly work on your suggestions.

Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

After spending long hours looking for the perfect spot to have our destination wedding finally decided on Porta Antigua and I am confident this was the best decision we have made.
I am Guatemalan my husband Dominican; we have friends coming from all over the world. I was nervous about giving a good impression of my wonderful country without been too pricey for our guests.
We ended up having 100 guests and everyone is still raving about it.
Being myself a wedding coordinator I have really high expectations about it and I think they overpass them.
My communications with CLAUDIA our wedding coordinator were great she was really sweet nice and she always answer me promptly. I just met her the day prior to the wedding give her an idea how I wanted the setup and she made the magic!!!! she made my dream wedding come true.
The food was good, but the service was outstanding all of the servers make sure everybody feels welcome and happy.
Our room was so romantic and nice!!!! We really enjoy every minute we spent at Porta, thank you very much for giving me and my guests an unforgettable wedding/vacation.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear ANAPC,

Thank you so much for your review... We are very happy we were able to fulfill your expectations. We wish you a very happy and prosperous life!!! Hope we see you here for your first anniversary, the room will be on us!!!

Our very best wishes in your new life!

Been to Porta Hotel Antigua? Share your experiences!