“Disappointed, Cold Burgers” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Istanbul, Turkey
“Disappointed, Cold Burgers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We went there on the night of 18th of September, it was our last night in Antigua. We sat downstairs for a quiet dinner. It was really quiet not to crowded. We gave the order and after 2 minutes we head outside for a smoke. Before we finished our cigarettes our burgers came and we throw our cigarettes and head back to table. The burgers the fries the onion rings everything was cold. Not freezing cold but it was obvious that they are not freshly cooked. I told the waitress that all of them are cold she told me that it is because we were smoking thats why they got cold. It was less that 2 minutes between the time of the burgers came and we start to eat. When I insisted she said ok and took back the burgers came back after 3-4 minutes warmer but not the kind that you would like to have your burger. The cheeses on top are nearly dried. I was very positive after the reviews I read that I was going to eat a good burger but a BIG disappointment for me.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
ocelotjazz, Owner at Lava Terrace Bar & Burgers, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Hi. We have 15 different kind of burgers and each one takes around 8 minutes to cook and prepare. You went to smoke cigarettes outside and that's where it went wrong. No way could we prepare a burger in 2 minutes!!!! Its just not possible. Thank you

Vancouver
“Great place to chill on the patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

A big draw to Lava for me was the rooftop patio and big screen TV's. They also have great burgers and the best wings in town, hands down. Nice place to relax and watch sports, with good drink specials. In my opinion 40 - 50Q for a huge, quality burger (under $7) is Not expensive, lol.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Great price for a big burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

We came here by recommendation from our tour guide Eliseo! The burgers are huge and my husband and I could have easily shared! I also ordered onion rings and I haven't tried such good ones in years! Great ambiance on a rooftop! There was also a guitar player/singer that night who hit great tunes both in English (Zepplin, Beatles, etc.) and in Spanish (SilvioRodríguez, Mercedes Sosa, Facundo C.) which just completed a really nice night out in Antigua!

Antigua, Sacatepequez, Guatemala
“Best burgers in town and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Lava has the best burgers in Antigua by a country mile. Sure they may seem a bit pricey at first sight(they range from 40-65Q) but trust me they are worth every quetzal- you can go elsewhere for a cheaper burger but I can guarantee you'll wish you came here instead. Each burger comes with a generous helping of thick-cut fries or onion rings and a very generous side salad of rocket, fresh tomato and pickles. Not to mention the burgers themselves which are huge and come with generous toppings. You can tell from the first bite that they are made of 100% lean beef and are very juicy and done to your liking. The menu has a decent choice although not a massive variety of foods but, as the old saying goes, you should stick to what you are good at and Lava makes an excellent burger. You can find more variety in Ocelot downstairs which is owned by the same man (very nice man if you bump into him in one of his bars, he is the Welsh guy, Shaun).

In addition to the burgers Lava is also a very pretty outdoor terrace with views of the volcano and surrounding mountains. It has a great happy hour between 5-6pm every day with drinks from as little as 5Q and 10Q beers. There is also Sunday cerviche with 5Q sangria (and good sangria at that!). You can enjoy happy hour up here, have a great burger, watch the sun set then hop down to Ocelot for some live jazz most nights.

In short, come here! Don't worry over a few quetzales and enjoy one of the best burgers and happy hours you'll get anywhere!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Not so hot”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Service lacks, burgers are over priced and not what you order... Would not go back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ocelotjazz, Owner at Lava Terrace Bar & Burgers, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hi
I believe you had the wrong burger which cannot be excused. Will try to iron that problem out. The service we've worked on and on and will continue to do so. What i find hard to believe, is that anyone would complain about the price!!! $5.50 for an 8 oz Burger with a large quantity of homemade fries or homemade onion rings and salad. The bun is also made the most famous bakery in Antigua.