“Wonderful Week” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tradiciones Antigua

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigua
Hotel Tradiciones Antigua
1 calle Oriente 34 C | Alameda Santa Rosa, Antigua 03001, Guatemala   |
Ranked #3 of 86 Antigua B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I attended a conference in Antigua and were fortunate we booked our room at Hotel Tradiciones Antigua. Beatriz and Monica were very attentive to anything we needed! Beatriz arranged our airport pickup and drop off. They made a wonderful breakfast every morning and even made breakfast early when our group had an early morning trip. Monica even made us breakfast when we slept in late! Our hotel room was cozy but very clean. The hotel is located on a lovely tree lined street.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love Hotel Tradiciones Antigua! It was my second time there and I enjoyed every single day so much. The place is absolutely perfect! The hotel is clean, neat, and quiet. My room was a good size, clean, neat, and very comfy. I feel like I'm home when I am there. The staff is very friendly; every morning I enjoyed the delicious breakfast prepared by Monica and Beatriz! Beatriz and Monica are great, very helpful, and friendly! the hotel is very well located, only 5 minutes walking from the downtown. I recommend this hotel if you are planning to visit Antigua Guatemala!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We loved this hotel. We stayed in the suite on the top floor. The room is huge, has a very large, and comfortable bed. There is a sitting area near a fireplace, and then another table near the french balcony doors. The view from the room is a direct view of the volcano. The room has a large plasma tv with a ton of channels in English. There is a great walk-in closet. Best of all, there is a 2 person jacuzzi in the bathroom! -great after doing the volcano hike.

We were served breakfast in our room most days, except for one when we asked to go on the terrace. They serve you eggs, fruit, coffee, pancakes, ham, cheese, bread and cereal. Plenty of food.

There is wifi too, though it gets a bit spotty - probably because of the thick walls. The hotel is very quiet, and very convenient to the central plaza. Maybe 6 or 7 blocks away. They also arranged airport transfers for us, which was nice.

Beatriz and Monica are very nice and helpful. They room was cleaned spotlessly every day.

I'd highly recommend this hotel - especially the suite!

Room Tip: The suite on the top floor is fab! So much room, and a nice jacuzzi.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed for six nights and Hotel Tradiciones was perfect. Beatriz and Monica were extremely helpful - they arranged my transportation from the airport, they gave me trips about things to see and do, and they were just very sweet ladies. They don't speak much English, so knowing some Spanish is a plus. The hotel is on the edge of town, but Antigua is small so everything is pretty close. I appreciated the quiet at night. For the price, this was an excellent value and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms open on to the courtyard and are less private than the upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hotel Tradiciones is absolutely perfect! This lovely Bed and Breakast is just a few blocks from the main square in Antigua, offering attractive and comfortable rooms surrounding a small garden, and a rooftop terrace with amazing views.
The hotel looks like nothing from the outside, but inside the large wooden doors is a hidden gem! Our room faced the interior garden, and we enjoyed being able to open the windows for fresh air, while being completely secure inside the courtyard. A tiled patio around the garden provides a nice outdoor seating area without leaving the hotel. There is a beautiful living area for lounging, and a kitchen where breakfast is served each morning, making this hotel quite affordable. As a family of four, we particularly enjoyed being able to let our children go to and from the breakfast area in an enclosed space.
The service was exceptional. Karla and Beatriz arranged a driver to pick us up at the airport, and they were always gracious and helpful. The breakfast was a tasty selection of fresh fruit, bread, ham and cheese, and eggs cooked to order. It was so nice to enjoy our coffee and breakfast each morning before heading out for the day.
Everything was clean and tidy, the beds were comfortable, and the room was brighter than it appeared in the website photos. We peeked in several other rooms as we passed, and they all looked wonderful. The rooftop terrace was especially wonderful! After a long day traveling, it was so pleasant to get outside and appreciate the view without leaving the hotel.
We love this hotel and will definitely return on our next trip to Antigua.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My family and I used to live in Antigua, and so we have a pretty good idea what is available and at what price. Visiting two times this spring, we stayed at Hotel Tradiciones and have found it to be one of the most accommodating places to stay, with beautiful decor, excellent location, and a staff that is always doing all they can to please. Our room was the suite on the second level, that opened to a patio and a view of Volcán de Agua. It was possible to walk to an even higher patio that presents a wonderful view of the city of Antigua with all of its famous "cúpulas." Breakfast was made to order, and included fresh fruit, bread, cold cuts, eggs "al gusto," frijoles negros, pancakes, and more. The central living area is a wonderful place to entertain occasional guests, as we did one evening. We highly recommend Hotel Tradiciones Antigua if you want to enjoy a nice location with staff that do all they can to be sure you are comfortable. My only hesitation is telling others so that it may not be available during my next visit to Antigua:)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recommend that you stop looking for a place in Antigua and that you book at Hotel Tradiciones. My wife and I stayed at the hotel four times over the course of our vacation in April and we began to feel the hotel was our home base in Guatemala. The hotel is quite clean, quiet, and lovely. The details are great, from the candle lights in the stairs, the lovely garden, and the fantastic rooftop patio. Furthermore, Beatriz who runs the hotel is FANTASTIC. She was there when we got in late, wished us goodbye at 4 in the morning on the way to Copan, and made sure we were always happy. The hotel is 3 easy blocks from le merced, the yellow arch area, and a short walk to the park. The neighborhood is a real neighborhood, safe, and with no other touristy hotels so you get a real flavor of life in Antigua. Breakfast was good with smooth Guatemalan coffee, fantastic fruit salad, and many choices for food such as pancakes or eggs. The only real down side for us was our lack of Spanish but Beatriz and the staff were still helpful and went the extra mile to support us. Again, I highly recommend that you book this hotel now. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms were nice and I loved waking up with coffee on the terrace. You can see a beauti...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Tradiciones Antigua? Share your experiences!