“Great stay at Holistico” 4 of 5 stars

7 Avenida Sur Numero 10, Antigua, Guatemala   |
Ranked #15 of 71 Specialty Lodging in Antigua
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis, MN
“Great stay at Holistico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stayed here during Semana Santa. A crazy weekend in Antigua. We had a private room with private bath in the court yard of Holistico Hostel. Cezar took great care of us and his staff was wonderful! The rooms are very simple. We were there 4 nights. It would have been nice if our bathroom would have been cleaned after the 2nd or 3rd night. Each morning a lovely breakfast with hot coffee was included with our stay. People tend to hang out in the courtyard and have breakfast or have drinks at night. The location is super, many restaurants very close to the hostel, and the price was great too!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Athens, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Had a great time staying in Holistico Hostal in Antigua. Very calm, quite and relaxing, but a bar as well if you want to go up to the rooftop and enjoy some drinks before a night out. Breakfast was served every morning and was delicious. The location was central to many different places and my roommates and I enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Panajachel, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I'm a Guatemalan resident and whenever I find my way to Antigua I stay at Holístico. César and his staff are extremely friendly and will take care of all your needs. The shared dorm rooms are spacious and clean and the bathrooms are clear with hot water (a must on chilly Antigua mornings). The free breakfast is delicious. The location is quiet but central. I'll keep on staying at Holístico as long as I visit Antigua.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in Hostal Holistico for two nights and I loved it. It was the first week after their move to the new place on 7 Av Sur and it's a wonderful location.

All staff members are friendly, helpful and makes you feel welcome. Dorms, bathrooms, beds and bed linen are clean. The hostal feels very safe and the breakfast is really good!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Antigua, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I found this hostal by word of my mouth and I am very happy I did. I was greeted by Cesar, the owner and manager of Holistico, a very personable, gracious and hospitable person. I felt this hostal was great value. It was clean, well kept,had a nice relaxing ambience, and gave a delicious breakfast every morning. I checked out a few other hostals before coming to Holistico. Holistico was different because it wasn't geared on making money off travelers or a huge party place. Instead, I could go out elsewhere, and I knew I would have a nice, safe quiet place to go back to after a night out of the town. I would highly recommend this hostal for anyone taking a trip to see the beauty of Antigua. You will be very satisfied you did!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I lost my money in this hostel on my last day here, such a good place, the whole thing pisses me off and the host didn't say any words about apologise after I wrote this happening. Be careful the door keeper guys, good luck.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
holisticoantigua, Propietario at Holistico Hostal, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Im sorry to hear that you suffered a theft from another traveler while staying at our hostel, I wish you had brought it to our attention inmediatley instead of waiting three months to send me an email. In the future we offer lock boxes for our guest to use to protect their valuables.
Suiza
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Spent 5 days in Antigua in February, and had a great time. This place is just perfect: Clean, safe, great people. Big breakfast and WiFi for free.
Cesar and his teams are great hosts and make you feel like home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Holistico Hostal? Share your experiences!