“Cesar and the crew at Holistico take a great experience in Antigua and make it AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holistico Hostal

You added Holistico Hostal to your Saves list
Holistico Hostal
7 Avenida Sur Numero 10, Antigua, Guatemala   |
Ranked #16 of 71 Specialty Lodging in Antigua
Certificate of Excellence 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

My experience at Holistico was amazing... Cesar makes everyone who visits feel like you've been friends for years. He took me out and showed me around and made sure I was comfortable and enjoying myself. He even set me up with a great place in Monterrico to stay at when i went to the beach for a night. The private rooms are perfect for some extra privacy and a deal at $20 with breakfast and wifi included. Best hostel I've ever stayed at hands down!!

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This place was recommended to me for my stay in Antigua. As soon as I entered I felt welcome and safe. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
As a long time backpacker, I found the dorm rooms spacious and comfortable, with an artsy flare, and loved the common areas, especially the hammocks and rooftop seating area.
The price was great and the free breakfast was even better. A great way to start the morning.
To top off this great experience, Cesar was a fantastic host, and provided great service and many laughs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

Buena Onda!!
I indulged myself with the private room at about $20 a night(includes breakfast and Internet). The staff was friendly and receptive to my needs. The place is a good choice for budget/backpacker travelers. It's close to practically everything in Antigua and has a relaxed and friendly vibe. The shared rooms are under $10. Good Value!

If you plan on an extended stay, try it for a night first if your unfamiliar to or unsure of the hostel scene.

This is not for people who are not comfortable in less then deluxe accommodations or who have a great need for privacy. If you very sensitive to airborne mold spores you might want to rethink the region too. It's the tropics....

Room Tip: Be staightforward with the staff
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

This hostel was perfect for my stay in Antigua. Close to all the main attractions, clean, friendly, and the owner, Cesar, will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. I would go back to Holistico in a heartbeat!

• Stayed January 2011
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

I am a freelance travel writer. I have never stayed in a hostel before this trip and wanted to try something different. Although the shared restroom was a bit of a culture shock for me (everyone else staying there seemed perfectly suited to it), the staff was charming and friendly, the room (I had a private room) was clean and quiet, and the complimentary breakfast was delicious. For travelers looking to stay in a hostel in Antigua, I definitely recommend Holistico Hostal.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

I have been leading sustainable adventure tours throughout Central America for about two years now, and often find myself in the charming colonial town of Antigua. I first discovered Holistico Hostal just meandering through the streets, and the name alone drew me into this hostel to learn more. As soon as I entered to learn more, I felt a comfortable family vibe. The hostel is clean, host an artistic and comfortable environment, is in a great location, and the prices are super affordable. As if that wasn't enough, the staff at Holistico really care about being conscious citizen within the larger community of Antigua, and are always in the know about cool events in town.
I've since made personal friend with the delightful owner, Cesar, and we continue to cook up amazing meals, battle it out in back gammon, and talk the nights away from their birds eye view roof top terrace. I'm certain that this hostel will continue to grow and provide what I find to be the best service and accommodation in all of Antigua. Oh, I forgot to mention the included breakfast, it's awesome!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Really loved this hostel! Clean, friendly, fun, and best location. The manager, Cesar, will make sure you have a great stay. Would love to go back sometime soon.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Been to Holistico Hostal? Share your experiences!