“Total Rejuvenation in an hour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 10 Spas & Wellness in Antigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Prana is the only Holistic Center in La Antigua Guatemala. We offer you more then 20 different alternative therapies. We also provide Nia, Yoga and Art workshop. Come and visit us on your next trip to La Antigua Guatemala.
Antigua, Guatemala
“Total Rejuvenation in an hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I received a massage and nahgra treatment at Prana and loved both experiences. It was the best anti-stress treatment I found in Antigua. The therapists are professional and sensitive and I look forward to going there again!

“Holistic Happening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I live in Antigua and visit this amazing center often. They helped me recover from an attack of lumbago on a Sunday when there were no other options. I have also had many marvelous massages by Nancy and several healing sessions on the Nahgra machine. I even partook of the crystal bowl healing sessions and opened my ears to heretofore unknown magical sounds. It is all worth while.

Visited February 2012
“Very Lucky to Have Found This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I went to the Prana Holistic Center and cant say enough about how amazing it was. I used two one hour sessions with the Nahgra system, an hour of deep tissue massage and an hour with the chiropractor. Before I explain how satisfying (and holistic!) the treatment here has been, let me explain that I was treated in New York City from May to August 2011 because an xray revealed that the verterbrae at the top of my spine were rotated and crooked which caused pain all over my back and a pinch nerve. By the time I arrived in Guatemala months later I realized that I was also lame and thought that was why I was still experiencing pain in my back despite the treatment I already received.

First about the Nahgra system. It works and it works really well. I have had a problem with my back for a while and there are stretches that I try to use to open up my chest and correct other parts of my body... it is just not possible to get the results on my own that I have had here. If you have done yoga before you probably understand how much effort it takes to get your body to stretch. The machine allows you to stretch beyond the natural limits of your anatomy, yet is comfortable and relaxing. In fact, your only obligation is to lay there and relax completely so the machine can work its magic. And you will know that it works. I felt the difference in my chest and neck immediately when standing up and after the second session, I realized I had gone as far as to overwork my back and there was swelling... you feel so relaxed you wouldnt think that overworking is possible! In my case with the swelling it is because I continued to stay on the machine even when i felt soreness in my lower back because I just wanted to get better quickly... That´s against the advice given to me before I started and is no one´s fault but my own so if you feel any dicomfort at all just stop and give yourself the time it takes to heal properly. The session should be completely relaxing and comfortable!

Second the deep tissue massage was of exceptional quality. I am used to amazing deep tissue massages in Chinatown, NYC but here is the difference: she knew exactly where to focus. I could tell that she wasnt just following a routine for the left side, then the same on the right side, but working the areas that needed it most. Which in my case one side of my back is very differnt than the other because of the problems I mentioned above with my spine and being lame and she definitely noticed that certain areas of my back needed more attention than others without me having to explain. It was such a relief!

I saved the chiropractor for last but he was the most amazing part of the experience. When I was told that I would have an hour with Dr. Fransisco I was confused. In the past a chiropractor spent less than 10 minutes per session adjusting/cracking my neck and back... I had no idea why I would need an hour or what would take place. I saw a chiropractor for 3 months in nyc but never expected the level of treatment that I received here. He used so many different methods for adjusting my whole body! He didnt need an xray to find yet another verterbra that is out of place in my lower back which is why I am still in pain. He corrected the difference in my legs which is caused by tilting in my hip and shoulders because of the verterbra that is out of place.

The Prana center is really quite affordable. I hear that you can get a massage in Antigua for less but I wouldnt bother going some where else to save a few bucks because I can´t imagine finding the same quality of treatment else where for less. It will take time to heal my back completely so I am looking for an apartment in Antigua so that I can continue my treatment until I have made a full recovery.

Finally, everyone that I interacted with at the center is very friendly and professional. I felt welcome there and look forward to my next appointment. Also, I loved all of the restaurants that Isabelle recommended!

Visited February 2012
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
38 attraction reviews
“Nancy is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I checked Nancy out thoroughly online, met with her personally and visited the Prana studio before booking my first appointment. Nancy has a delightful way of putting you at ease and making you feel wonderful before she even puts her hands on you. I've now had 4 massages with her and it is absolutely my most favorite time of the week. Be sure and ask her to warm up the massage room if that is important to you - it is to me. Antigua can be cool and the buildings are designed to stay cool in the heat. She has it toasty warm for me. Plus she uses flannel sheets, blankets and puts warmed flannel covers on your feet and parts of your body after she has worked them. I love her energy and can't recommend her highly enough. I have had massages regularly for 25 years and Nancy is in my top 3 massage therapists in the world. It is worth coming to Antigua just to experience Nancy's magic.

Antigua, Guatemala
“Great massage with Dora”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Dora does house calls, so if you want your massage to come to you, this is the place to call. Dora is always professional and gives a great deep-tissue massage. I have also tried the Naghra treatment at the spa with Isabelle. It was fantastic, and I highly recommend it if you have any type of back or neck pain. I walked out of the spa feeling a foot taller.