“Phenomenal” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 238 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: We are a an art gallery restaurant with original dishes that are not only delicious, but out of the ordinary. Please note that we open at 1pm and close at 9pm on Sundays.
Calgary, Canada
“Phenomenal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011 via mobile

Accidentally stumbled into this place while trying to get out of the rain, couldn't have asked for more. Great art, ambience and service from Alex, and even better food. Opted for the unicorn steak, one of the nicest I've ever had and I've had a lot of steaks! Everyone else in the restaurant were equally amazed by the various dishes and my medium rare steak was cooked to perfection. If the reactions of the other diners who saved room for dessert are anything to go by, the cheesecake is even better. Will definitely try and go back before the end of my stay in Antigua. Can't recommend highly enough.

San Salvador, El Salvador
“Best cheesecake ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

I've had several fantastic meals at Sobremesa. Great wine, fantastic and flavorful mains and desserts. This place is tiny, so definitely reserve a table ahead of time.

• Visited May 2011
Rolla, Missouri
“The Best Sandwich I ever Ate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Hey guys this place is great. I have never had a bad meal at Sobremesa but my favorite sandwich is the Steak Sandwich! It is great. But if you like steak you should try the Unicorn Steak!

• Visited June 2011
Guatemala
“Excellent food and icecram!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011 via mobile

I luv it!!!!! The lomito sandwich is the best i have Ever tried!!!!!! And the pistacho icecream woooww i have no words to describe it, really yummie!!!! The owner Alex is really outgoing and he is the special ingredient of the restaurant!!!! He makes your meso with the heart and that is the secret!!!!! I highly reccommend it!!!!!!

Orleans, France
“Muy diferente!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

My partner and I have eaten in all of the top ten restaurant/bars we saw on this website, and Sobremesa was not only the most fun place to be, the food was exceptional. Every place we eat, the food is the same, only different variations or quality of a standard menu. This place had food we never even hear of, and it was quite good. I ate unicorn and was very pleased. It was the first time I had a properly rare steak in central america. My partner had giraffe and I tried it. I'm glad the jalapeno was not spicy because i don't like spicy food. This was very tasty and creative. We bought a painting and one of the owner's books also. My partner is reading it and annoys me by laughing out loud all the time and telling me i have to read it myself instead of just reading that part to me. The entire time on the plane was like that. We have Alex's email and might open a Sobremesa in Orleans if he gives us the recipes. Look for us there on this website in one year ;)

• Visited May 2011