“I LOVED THIS HOTEL!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 76 Hotels in Antigua
New York City, New York
“I LOVED THIS HOTEL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I should have written this review a couple of months ago. I stayed in Antigua for 3 weeks while studying spanish at one of the schools. I changed hotels several times for the first 2 weeks for reasons ranging from price, cleanliness, and safety. I was forced to stay an additional week after a volcano erupted and closed the airport. I was not expecting to stay an additional week and funds were very low. I stumbled upon this gem of hotel by accident and I must say, I am so glad I did. The hotel had only been open for several months. It is not a big hotel, consisting perhaps, of 10 or 15 rooms. However, it is a very nice hotel, quiet, safe and well worth the price. The owners, Lionel and his wife were very accommodating, I actually felt like I was part of the family. They kept asking if the breakfast was good and if I had any suggestions to make the hotel better. The entire staff was helpful and pleasant! They never made me feel like they didn't appreciate my busines. They are located in an excellent location literally right across from the central park, which is where you want to stay. In addition, they offer a delicious continental breakfast, turn down service, flat screen TV, a soft comfortable queen size mattress, hot water and even a blow dryer in the room (a blow dryer is very find to find in the hotels). The room I stayed in was small but comfortable, but I believe they have a few bigger rooms. I really wish I had found this hotel. I don't know what they charge normally, but I got a great deal! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Charming boutique hotel with meticulous attention to detail. Great service from an attentive staff that go above and beyond to meet one's needs. The hotel keeps in touch with the roots and looks of Antigua Guatemala (colonial style), yet it has a modern feel that makes it appealing and inviting. Compared to other hotels with similar services/accommodations, D'Leyenda Hotel offers very reasonable prices (you could call it a bargain). The location was perfect, just a few steps from the central park, a block away from many restaurants and bars, but still quiet and homely.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

This hotel was right at the main square/park in central Antigua. Felt very safe. Staff was extremely nice and speaks English which was a plus for a traveler with limited Spanish. Rooms were beautiful and clean. Give it a try!

• Stayed June 2010
san salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

D ' Leyenda is a small, newly renovated hotel located just steps away from Antigua's central plaza-----the location can't be beat! We found the rooms to be comfortable, clean, and spacious while maintaining the colonial style Antigua is famous for. The personalized attention given by the hotel staff is first rate and made our visit all the more special. The rates are very reasonable and we were happy to find that parking is also included. I highly recommend D ' Leyenda and will definitely be visiting it again myself!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to D'Leyenda Hotel? Share your experiences!