“Fantastic hotel in central Antigua!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Antigua
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Fantastic hotel in central Antigua!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The service and employees were amazing. Loved the location, deluxe rooms, and incredible service. We were there for New Year's Eve and were invited to a champagne toast on the rooftop to watch the midnight fireworks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and enjoyed being right off the Central Park and so close to all of the sights. The room is not large but it was enough space for two nights. We had nice hot water and great water pressure. Breakfast was really enjoyable on the rooftop terrace overlooking the park. Staff is friendly and helpful. The front door is a locked gate so it was very secure.

I did knock it down one star for two reasons. One - we asked the front desk to arrange a shuttle to Pana for the next morning to leave at 9 am. The next morning at 8:30 the other front desk person said that the shuttle was canceled. That can't be true because there are tons of shuttles at that time to Pana. I had her call other places and they were full so we had to leave at noon. It worked out fine but this was really stressful. In hindsight I should have just booked the shuttle myself. Second - they do not accept travelers checks and charge a high fee for a credit card. I had to run to the bank to exchange money and we didn't have much time.

Room Tip: the rooms with two beds are MUCH bigger
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights around the Christmas holiday. It is a beautiful property in an ideal location. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. If I ever come back to Antigua, this is the first hotel I will consider staying at.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in total - spread over in 3 weeks using it as a base. The hotel location is excellent - extremely close to Central Park. The room we stayed in was small but very clean - but they have other larger rooms. The hotel is gorgeous set around a small courtyard- and sitting on the terrace having breakfast with the volcano in full view was fantastic. The staff even offered us a packed breakfast when we had 2 very early starts.

The only downside and that is why I am giving the hotel 4 stars is that before coming to Guatemala I had wanted information on how to get to Flores and even though the girl who responded said she would get back to me she was not very helpful and did not give me the information I requested. In the end I contacted a local agent. Also we had booked a private airport transfer for the day after we arrived and the receptionist was quite inflexible about changing the times of the private airport transfer (saying her colleague had arranged it) and it was only after I was insistent that the receptionist changed it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DLeyendaHotel, Gerente at D'Leyenda Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your valuable comment on TripAdvisor.

We regret the inconvenience about tours and transfers, it was not our intention to be wrong with you, but we are an intermediary for the service and the agency often makes some unexpected changes.

It was an honor to have you as our guest and look forward to the opportunity to serve again.

Best Regards,
NYC, SF, Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My bf and I loved staying here! Everything is new and clean but still has the old world charm. Lovely little hotel with very attentive and friendly staff. Having breakfast on the terrace w the view of the volcano was my favorite part. Right near the center of town, really convenient location. There's a popular bar right next door so it's not absolutely quiet (think it was someone's birthday the first night we stayed) but it is still absolutely my favorite hotel in Antigua! Will come back to stay again, highly recommended!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Laurencekirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ths is a very inconspicuous hotel from the outside but is charming inside. Security is very good. It is very close to the main square. The staff were excellent.Breakfast on the roof terrace looking towards the volcano was special. The rooms are quiet and cool, around a small courtyard. The only down side is the bar next door which can be a little noisy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have been coming to Antigua every year for the last 20+ years. I've had the privilege of staying in many of the top hotels in the city - and there are some beauties. D'Leyenda has become one of my new favorites! I almost missed it because I couldn't believe that it would be so close to the central park - you walk out of the front gate and you're within 50 steps of the heart of Antigua! They staff is so friendly and courteous. The main gate is always locked and they hold your room key anytime you leave, which adds to the safety and security of the hotel. There aren't many rooms, but that's the appeal of it - small, cozy, and definitely "boutique." For being so centrally located, the price just cannot be beat! For a really romantic getaway, make sure to request "La Tatuana" as it offers a comfortable king-sized bed with fireplace and bathtub. They'll even come and light the fire for you; a very nice touch. The rooftop terrace offers incredible views of Volcan Agua while enjoying an evening drink or morning snack. They also have a hot-tub and lounge chairs in case you're just looking to relax. The only concern for some might be the noise level on certain nights...there is in fact a bar next door that turns up the volume on their music at night, but it wasn't bothersome enough to make the stay unpleasant. If you're looking for a unique hotel that won't break the bank and is within steps of all the action, do not miss D'Leyenda!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to D'Leyenda Hotel? Share your experiences!