We stayed at the Camino Real with our elementary aged kids. While most guests are dropped off at the hotel entrance, we arrived pulling our luggage behind us up the cobblestone driveway. When we got to the top, the bellman who watched us walked up asked the question (in Spanish), “Are you staying at this hotel?” We answered yes and then proceeded on our own to the room that we had already checked into earlier without any offer of assistance from him. The hotel is new and the rooms and grounds are lovely. We stayed in a standard room with a large beautiful bathroom (including a walk-in shower). The front desk staff and bellmen were professional, but sort of indifferent about us, but the housekeeping staff and groundskeepers were pleasant. The jacuzzi area is very nice and the water is not overly hot so we spent some time in it on a fairly warm afternoon and it felt more like a heated pool. There’s also a gym area with decent equipment. Overall, the hotel does not seem to cater to families, but we didn’t have any problems since our kids are quiet and well-behaved. The hotel was pretty quiet at night except for a randomly barking dog and some brief noise from a wedding held on site. Since the room had air conditioning, it was easy to stay comfortable and create some white noise for sleeping. We did not eat at the hotel restaurant as it seemed to be upscale and expensive. We didn’t pay too much more than the price to stay in a boutique colonial hotel and thought that the comfort, spaciousness, and cleanliness of the Camino Real was well worth the bit of extra money.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Antigua Hotel
- Camino Real Antigua Hotel Antigua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to enjoy of a first class experience in a luxury hotel that offers comfort and elegance in the middle of a legendary city. It is located at only 5 blocks from the Main Plaza of La Antigua, near from the main historical monuments, plazas, artisans workshops and commercial centers as well as another interest sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Camino Real Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.