I snuck away from GC for a solo weekend here. Bedding is rediculously comfortable. Shower is awesome and spacious. Room is spectacular with cathedral ceilings. I only hate that I made this trip alone during a business trip and not with my Wifey - whole city has romance potential. Need to bring her some day. As far as I can tell it is a brand new hotel and all rooms are on the same floor with very easy access. It does feel very new and modern for Antigua but ultra relaxed. Very picturesque setting with volcano in back ground landscape of hotel.
I did talk to some locals in Guatemala City who said: "hey. why would you stay at the Camino Real in Antigua when there is all of these neat boutique hotels in town?" Upon return I said: "L-U-X-U-R-Y". Likely, the best hotel I have have ever been to. Sevice is very good and feels very safe.
Did not try the restaraunt or breakfast. Next time: note to self, bring a date
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Antigua Hotel
- Camino Real Antigua Hotel Antigua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We invite you to enjoy of a first class experience in a luxury hotel that offers comfort and elegance in the middle of a legendary city. It is located at only 5 blocks from the Main Plaza of La Antigua, near from the main historical monuments, plazas, artisans workshops and commercial centers as well as another interest sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Olotels, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Camino Real Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.