“Authenic Guatemalan Lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
minnesota
“Authenic Guatemalan Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our guide Miguel took us to this cafe, which overlooks the central park.
We had asked him that we wanted to eat some Guatemalan syle food.
We sat in the back room because it was very crowded during mid day in the front.

Three of our group had grilled chicken plate. It came with beans, rice, and some greens, plantain and corn tortillas and the" international "bunch of French fries. They all said it was delicious.

I had a bowl of pollo soup. I got a large bowl with big pieces of chicken in a tomato based broth. It was accompanied by a small plates of rice, and corn. Add to the soup and it it reminded me of soupa I have had up in the aldeas in Alta Verepas.Very tasty.
Fresh fruit punch served in soda shop syle glasses quenched our thrist.
but still need my coca cola light!

• Visited December 2012

Lower Mainland, BC
“Food just so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I ate lunch at this restaurant across the street from the Plaza. Good view of the Plaza to people watch. Ordered the pork sandwich which was really disappointing. It was cold and the bread did not taste fresh. Served with a green salad with a mound of hot fries. Service was quick and friendly. A guitarist entertained. I feel there are better places to eat in Antiqua.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Marin County, Calif
“Convenient late night upscale dinner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We've ended up here on several occasions when it got late and other places were closed and the food was good and service great every time. Its a little pricey which I guess they can get away with being directly across from the park. I'm not sure what there is in the back of the restaurant but we were there on a Saturday night and there seemed to be quite a few jovenes stopping in briefly which detracted a bit from the otherwise almost classy ambiance. I don't think we've ever made it to dessert here as they give you plenty to eat.

Dallas, Texas
“Very nice middle of the road spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

The atmosphere was cozy and it had one of the nicest hosts we met there (instead of trying to weasel us in, he had a genuine conversation with us). Granted, we didn't have the food except for the flan dessert...but it was delicious and unlike EVERY other restaurant, they got us the check quickly so we could be on our way! The wine was expensive, so we didn't buy any.

antigua, Guatemala
“a surprising disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I have been in Antigua several times and most recently for several months. I have always thought Chiminos looked pleasant and must be fine dining because of its main location. Absolutely wrong. I finally went once and found the food poor, expensive, and the service unreliable.