“Beautiful hotel with professional and nice staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Santa Rosa Hotel Boutique

You added Casa Santa Rosa Hotel Boutique to your Saves list
Casa Santa Rosa Hotel Boutique
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1a. Calle Oriente No. 11 | Alameda Santa Rosa, Antigua 3001, Guatemala   |
Ranked #20 of 76 Hotels in Antigua
“Beautiful hotel with professional and nice staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. We have travelled in some 70 countries and this Guesthouse/Hotel was one of the better we have stayed in. The rooms were lovely, the garden pretty and the staff very helpful! We would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Winchester, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I were only able to stay one night but wished we would have spent more time!!! We are planning on going back next year and this is the place we will spend our nights. It is a wonderful bed and breakfast type setting with clean updated rooms... internet courtyard and a wonderful breakfast. If you are looking to relax and be close enough to everything without having to be in the middle of it... then this is the place for you. We loved it and could get everywhere we wanted to go. The people who work there are also very helpful and friendly!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This place is so well maintained, tranquil, set in beautiful gardens....but the best thing by far is the amazing staff.
I sprained my ankle in Antigua, and when we got back to the hotel, all of the staff helped with organizing ice, crutchers, ordering in food, helping me walk to the room, bringing me breakfast....nothing was too much trouble.
Even before I hurt my ankle, I would have thoroughly recommended staying here to anyone who likes great service, beautiful, comfortable and quiet rooms, and exceptionally friendly and professional service.
I would not stay ANYWHERE else in Antigua!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm a pretty picky traveller and we moved to Santa Rosa from another hotel that was reeeealy loud. I was assured by staff here that the property was quiet, and true to their word it was PERFECT! Our suite was AMAZING and huge, with a spa bath and beautiful comfy beds.

Breakfast was awesome with pancakes (its a shame they don't serve them every day) but variety is good. The coffee is great and the wifi works just fine in the lounge area (you get it in some rooms). The location is great with a little store 1 minute away. It takes approx 5 minutes walk to reach the archway of the main street. it is a very safe neighborhood.

Most importantly, the service is outstanding, with Andrea being so helpful, kind, making phone calls for us, the maids gave us umbrellas when it was raining, and our room was kept very clean each day. 2 bottles of water included each day - we were so happy here we will return to Santa Rosa in a few days after a trip to the lake.

I can't speak more highly of this hotel and it's beautiful, manicured surroundings. I have never given 5 stars for every aspect of a hotel except for this one! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay in a room out the back near the patio area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cooper City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

For years, we have visited Antigua a few times a year. In this visit, we stayed a full week at Hotel Santa Rosa which we have visited in the past and admired its beautiful and well manicure garden. We were pleasantly surprised by the attentiveness and care of all the staff, Andrea, Lucia, Elida, Luis and even the internship student, Roxana. The cleanliness of this beautiful small hotel was impeccable. You sit for breakfast over looking their beautiful gardens and are serenaded by the birds in a cool quite Antigua morning. If this is the experience you are looking for in a boutique hotel, we highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ilopango, San Salvador, El Salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was originally booked at El Convento and after trying to reach them for days with no response and a total lack of customer attention even after I made the reservation I canceled my reservation and called Casa Santa Rosa and it was a total blessing. They were so helpful in so many ways during my stay. The place is lovely, clean and the service was tops. I am a 5 star traveler and pretty picky about where I go and even though it was not 5 star elegance, the staff made it a 6 star hotel. Met all of my expectations at a very good price. Do not hesitate to book a stay here.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel [B&B Type] may not offer the history of the Casa Santo Domingo, but it is a great place to stay for a couples' holiday. The rooms are very comfortable and large; although the bathrooms may be on the smaller side - but comfortable. The beds are top quality, and nights are peaceful.
The location is great - a 10-15 walk to either the local market or the Carmen market, and great restaurants are also within easy walking distance.
This hotel is wonderfully landscaped, and there is a lovely sitting area outside where we, and with our friends from Costa Rica joining us - we were able to enjoy an evening sipping wine, and listening to music in quiet privacy.
It is a small "gite", but everyone from reception, to service to gardeners were extremely helpful, courteous and discreet.
My only complaints were that the outside area should be fumigated for mosquitos, especially in the 'winter season'. The breakfast was included - and was average [good enough], and there was wireless internet.
There is too much to see 7 do in Antigua-Guatemala, so we didn't even try the sattelite TV.

Room Tip: I think that all rooms are spacious - so no problem. If you want extra privacy, there are rooms at t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple