“Delicious and creative” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hector's Bistro

Hector's Bistro
1ra. Calle Poniente No. 9A | Besides La Merced church and around the corner from the famous Arch, Antigua, Guatemala (Formerly Hector's / H Bistro)
+502 7832 9867
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 238 Restaurants in Antigua
Cuisines: French, International, Bistro
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Open for lunch and dinner. Perfect for couples, small groups and special occasions. Cozy ambiance, great music and incredible food. .
Antigua, Guatemala
“Delicious and creative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This restaurant is across from La Merced, one of the prettiest churches anywhere. Hector has created a great little restaurant with great food and wonderful daily specials. His staff are very friendly, much like Hector and if you find you need to wait for a seat it is well worth it.

Visited August 2012

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Best restaurant in Antigua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I have a hotel on Lago Atitlan, and every chance we get we come into Antigua for a little piece of heaven. Everything on Hector's menu is to die for - personal favourites are the beef bourguignon, and the slow roasted tomatoes. If you are in Antigua, you haven't had the best until you have eaten at Hectors.

Visited October 2012
Antigua, Guatemala
“Hector's Does It Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went to Hector's again last week, this time with very picky friends who couldn't believe the hype I was giving the place. They were excited about an exciting meal, but also a little skeptical. Their comment afterwards: "You didn't praise the place enough." They loved the service, the ambience, the wine, and above all the food. Again and again I saw these faces saying in effect, "I cannot believe I am tasting what I think I am tasting!" They didn't care about the affordability as I was hosting the event. But I did.

San Diego
“A Hidden Gem.....one of the highlights!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The conceirge at our hotel recommended Hectors. There were five of us for dinner and the entire restaurant probably holds 20 people if that. The ambience is rustic and intimate. They staff greet you with a big smile and a bowl of warm olives. And then there's the food. We had fettucini alfredo made from the noodles drying in the kitchen, beef bourguignon and duck. Every dish delicious!! I will return every trip I make to Antiqua.

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Fine food, cozy space, don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hector's is a small space, right across from El Merced church. Two cozy rooms, open kitchen, charming atmosphere, skilled service.
And really, really good food. We shared the carpaccio - which was incredibly good, clean sharp flavours with lemon and oil complementing the very good beef - as an appetizer. My partner had the pasta special, a carbonara with homemade noodles. I had a beef tenderloin steak sandwich, cooked perfectly with great frites.
We were too full for desert, but they looked good. (Though large enough for two.)
Meal, tip and two large glasses of the house red came in under $40. High for Guatemala, obviously, but the meal was completely worth it.