“Always a must to visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Guatemalan
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
USA
“Always a must to visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

If I am ever in Antigua, I'm always visiting Fernando's. When crowded, the service is not so great (the only negative). However, they are friendly, their coffee is great and their food is scrumptious.

Visited March 2014

Charlottetown, PEI
“And Misha makes it even more perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The coffee and chocolate at Ferando's are beyond compare. We had an opportunity to sample some of the many flavours of chocolate before making our purchase. The patio setting is peaceful (unless there is a Spanish class in attendance) and Misha, the beautiful grey cat/mascot is the icing on the Fernando cake.

• Visited March 2014
Mountain View, Arkansas
“Excellent coffee at Fernando's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stopped by Fernando's again on my most recent trip to Antigua. I didn't purchase any chocolate this time but I did purchase six bags of coffee. Three bags were from the Antigua area and the other three bags were from the Huehuetenango region.

Since my return home from my trip to Guatemala I have consumed one bag of the Huehuetenango coffee. I purchased two bags of Dieseldorff Kaffee at Cool Beans in Flores. I have consumed one bag of this coffee. Dieseldorff is from the Alta Verapaz mountains in Coban. Both of these coffees have a medium body with medium acidity. The coffee from Fernando's has a chocolaty finish.

In my quest for the perfect cup of coffee I met a woman from New Jersey at Fernando's who was on the same quest. Fernando brewed up a cup of Huehuetenango coffee for her and she shared a taste with me. It was exquisite. Fernando was nice enough to take us to his roaster in the back of his shop and show us the process for his coffee and for his chocolate.

Fernando has a nice patio area where you can lounge and savor his coffee and chocolate, as well as other menu items. With the purchase of my six bags of coffee he gives a free coffee of your choice. I had a double espresso, which I later regretted when I failed to get to sleep as quickly as normal. It was very late in the afternoon when I downed the espresso. I will remember with fondness my visit with Fernando as I enjoy his coffee over the coming weeks.

• Visited February 2014
Antigua, Guatemala
“Welcome to the 'Cheers' of Antigua! Food, friends, and an excellent mocha.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

From the well-priced plato tipico, to the tasty Mediterrean salad, the menu offers many delicious & healthy options. Don't forget to say hi to Fernando as he makes superior chocolate and roasts a fresh batch of coffee beans. And, if you're lucky, Misha the Coffee Cat will visit your table.

• Visited March 2014
Brockville, Canada
“Best Coffee Shop in the World! Sorry Tim Horton's...You are Now #2!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

When you are in Antigua, please make the time to go to this charming little coffee shop. You will most definitely not regret your decision. Not only did my husband and I love their freshly roasted coffee, we enjoyed sitting in their lovely courtyard eating freshly made and warmed up pineapple/mango pie as well as many other delicious desserts. Healthy breakfasts and lunches were also an exceptional value. Did I forget to mention that they also make their own delectable chocolate featuring many different kinds? THIS IS the only place in town to buy chocolate and coffee at very reasonable prices to take back home to your family and friends.

• Visited February 2014