“Top Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 88 Antigua B&B and Inns
Bellevue, Washington, United States
“Top Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My stay at La Villa Serena in Antigua was the most pleasant experience of a lifetime. Beautiful room and courtyard, and a rooftop setting that offers exquisite views of the city skyline, the volcanoes, rainbows, birds, butterflies and lightening shows. The hospitality far surpasses any experience I have ever had at a bed and breakfast, and the meals were delicious. The owner, Marina, is a wealth of knowledge and guided us to places and sites that would align with our interests and her intuition on that was perfect. Truly a place filled with love. A very quiet part of town and yet you are just a 10 minute walk from the center of Antigua.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here in the summer of 2010 as part of a mission trip. I thought we would be roughing it in regards to food and accommodations but instead I thought I was in paradise! Marina is the most gracious hostess you will ever meet. She even gave up her private room for us to accommodate the size of our group. (I wouldn't even do that.) Every room is unique and magnificent, the gardens and courtyards are stunning. We were watching volcanoes spewing from the beautiful rooftop, the food was fresh and incredible along with the staff. It has been three years since I have been there and the memories I have of La Villa Serena and Marina are life long and unforgettable. I doubt I will ever stay at such a fabulous and memorable place again. Thank you Marina for providing your gift of hospitality to so many of us. :)

Room Tip: All of them are unique and wonderful!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

La Villa Serena in Antigua Guatemala: a unique experience!
I was suggested by a friend to spend in Antigua the Easter Week - they call it "La Semana Santa"-..... so I booked my stay at La Villa with my best friend: six days in Heaven!

The owner Marina is a deligthful lady and a perfect host. At breakfast and while returning from our excursions we were offered all kind of drinks, fresh fruits, cheese,sausage and local delicacies, basically anything we wanted. Knowing I am Italian, Marina and her attentive staff made for me the best coffee I ever tasted outside of Italy!

We had our meals in a lovely courtyard patio, surrounded by blooming orchids, palms and flowers, with the sounds of cheery birds and an old fountain.

The B.B. is a traditional 2 storey villa, 7 minute walking distance from the bustling , noisy "scene" where everything happens, but a very quite escape so that you can really have sweet dreams in comfortable queen size beds!
Each room has a different style/inspiration, lot of space and all the amenities we needed.

Marina made us feel part of the family: as La Villa was fully booked with guest from the States and Europe, she was our mentor in discovering the hidded trasures of Antigua and the neighbourhood.
I rate La Villa Serena a 5 star B.B. and I have just booked a stay in the fall for my son and his family.
Thank you Marina and good luck to La Villa!.

Mario
Torino, Italy
May 2, 2013

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Capturing Antigua’s La Semana Santa celebration is a dreamy once in a lifetime experience. Being at Marina’s La Villa Serena, was like returning to my mother’s womb. Every aspect of our stay is so memorable – delicious, healthy, nutritious meals prepared with market-fresh ingredients, magnificent home setting with bursting colorful flowers and hammocks for relaxing after a long day of exploration.
The homey, cozy rooms full of personality were spacious and unique where the beds were perfectly comfortable for this tall traveler. And how luxurious to have great hot showers available 24 hours a day!!
I felt as if I walked into an Architectural Digest magazine centerfold. A new home in Antigua, where I long to return again, Marina’s vast suggestions and recommendations for our daily excursions were always on the tip of her tongue. Her housekeeping staff, were busy bees, anticipating my traveller's needs and keeping the place immaculate!
I highly recommend La Villa Serena for that personalized holiday retreat we all need.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was in Antigua during Holy Week with a team of colleagues. It happened that we had scheduled a week of work during the busiest time of year.
Our rooms surrounded the central patio area. They were nicely sized and appointed. The staff was very accommodating to our needs. Marina was a fantastic host, giving us invaluable information about the area and also arranging breakfast for our early 5am waking schedule.
If the you are looking for a place that feels like a 2nd home instead of a cold hotel, check this place out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Peterborough, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We visited Antigua in March 2013, this is a very quaint B&B, it has all the amenities of a hotel but much more welcoming and a more personal touch associated with a B&B. Marina and her staff were very accommodating of all our needs and offering their expertise of what tourist attractions to visit, helping us book etc. From the rooftop balcony of the B&B, you can see the surrounding area of Antigua and a great view of the volcanoes. With only about a 15 min. walk to the central area of Antigua, I would highly recommend La Villa Serena!

Room Tip: The second storey rooms offered the better views of the surrounding area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
jessejean
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had originally reserved a room for the night at Chez Daniel, but upon arrival, we were told they were full and taken to La Villa Serena. To be honest, I was very confused about what was going on and felt like I had no control over the situation. None of this was Marina's fault. We thought Marina, the owner of La Villa Serena, was lovely. Super friendly and nice to talk with.

The B&B is a little off the beaten track, a short walk to the town center. It has a great courtyard filled with plants.

The rooms were cute, but our shower was terrible. Little to no hot water, and it sprayed funny. The bed was not the most comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Villa Serena? Share your experiences!