“Good not Great!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 80 Restaurants in Adrian
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Sauce Italian Grill & Pub is a family owned restaurant featuring authentic Sicilian cuisine. Established December 2011, we have been voted "Best of Lenawee" for 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Alpena, MI
“Good not Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went to Sauce on a Friday night. Nice location and a nice place. I am not into heavy pasta and our group all ended up with the chopped salads. The salads were good - not great. I asked for dressing on the side which normally means a "dry" salad with the dressing on the side to accompany. However I got a dressed salad and dressing on the side which is not what I wanted. Ate it anyway but too much dressing! The food around looked good and the comments I could hear were all good. Seems like a good place for pizza - they looked really good really fresh. All in all I probably would not choose to go back - not because it is a bad place but they do not offer many "light" options - hey; it's an Italian restaurant and they have pasta & pizza & bread & such. So if that is what you seek, this place is good - maybe great!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

In a city not known for a lot of great restaurants, this one really stands out. We had eggplant parm., lasagna, salad and pizza. All very good and with great service. Nice place. We would definitely go back. Moderate prices

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is my husband and my favorite restaurant in Adrian. They have a wonderful menu and great drink specials. The staff is friendly and helpful. Because I am a vegetarian they are always willing to substitute items on the menu for me. We eat here at least once a month and have always had good service and great meals.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
michigan
“great little spot in Adrian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great place to grab a drink with friends, great food, yummy pizza...all in all a good meal and fun friendly atmosphere

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sauce”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Always trying new things, we attempt to find a new restaurant, a new flavor and a new dish everywhere we go!

We found that Sauce is a newly developed restaurant in the area! We were welcomed with a comfortable Italian dining experience surrounded by the sounds of no other than Frank Sinatra! Sauce being an Italian restaurant had quite a menu for anyone's tastebuds to be delighted!

We ordered the bruschetta as an appetizer. This easy but great-tasting item is made different everywhere I have gone so I love to try it when I find it on a menu! It was executed well however, I love tomatoes so I would have liked a few more!

I had a moscato wine to accompany the meal which it was a perfect amount of sweet to go with the Italian dishes! Our server recommended it as a House Moscato and I was very happy with this choice!

We ordered the Chicken Marsala with mushrooms, green beans and red potatoes. The Marsala sauce lived up to the name of the restaurant "Sauce", it was an exquisite experience! The chicken was cooked perfect however the green beans I prefer to be a little bit more on the Al Dente side. The res potatoes appeared to be baked and were cooked to the flawless tenderness! Overall I really liked this dish!

We also ordered the Chicken Linguini Alfredo. The chicken was again cooked ideal for this meal! The linguini must be made in house, they did not lack pizazz! However the Alfredo sauce felt a little light on the parmesan and could use a little pepper; although they achieved a very creamy sauce.

I love the use of fresh herbs in the items and look forward to coming back here when we visit Adrian! If you plan on visiting Sauce while you are there please do not forget to order a Cannoli for dessert! This is a dessert that originated in Sicily. It has a creamy cheese filling in a fried pasty dough. It was a remarkable experience for my tastebuds with the addition to the cannoli of chocolate sauce, chocolate chips and what appeared to be housemade whipped cream!

Overall the dining experience, the service and the atmosphere I would give a 4.5 out of 5 stars! It's definitely a place we want to experience again when we visit the beautiful town of Adrian!

Rus MP

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Sauce? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sauce, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.