“Get the daily bowl Special!” 5 of 5 stars

616.682.5290
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Ada
“Get the daily bowl Special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love eating here because in addition to their normal and varied menu items, they always have fresh, daily specials. The bowls and tacos are delicious and not your run of the mill fare. Everything is creatively constructed and beautifully presented. It's a tiny place with baked goods. Don't be afraid to take out. Just make sure you get some dessert too.

Visited February 2014

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Nice little place with healthy choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is tiny, it's true but a fun place to get some good food for not a lot of money. Very nice people there, they make their own chips, have some gluten free and vegetarian options and use good ingredients. It's pretty easy, a little off the heavy traffic, without being out of the way.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ada, MI
“Original, personal, and tastey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Domino's Pizza used to be at this location, so when my wife drove me there I wasn't expecting much. Saburba currently has a small space that you might mistake for franchise from the outside. But inside the food is original and a welcome treat. This is a great place to order food to bring home, though they also have a few seats. My wife and I got a couple sandwiches and split them and they were both beyond my expectations for something that looked like a deli. Both sandwiches had original sauces that were definitely not out of a jar and both tasted great. I love dishes with sauces, so this helped make my day.
I am excited to have a locally owned restaurant in Ada with reasonable prices, a casual atmosphere, and great food. I look forward to returning frequently and helping this place turn into a landmark instead of a new face in town.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sparta, Michigan, United States
“PLEASANTLY SURPRISED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

It had been a long week of prepping for a huge craft show that I'd be vending at, and most of my to-do list was completed. Last but not least was getting the little one to grandma and grandpa's house almost an hour away. Add to that a "quick" stop by my auntie's house, then wading through traffic, and suddenly, it was almost 6 p.m., and I'd not remembered to thaw any meat for dinner - yes, we are from the midwest, and we do eat meat, thank you very much! In an attempt to avoid the narrowing-down to 1-lane on I-96, I headed through Ada, and spotted that hard-to-pronounce, what does that name mean restaurant, SABURDA, and thought, "He who hesitates is lost". I quickly turned-in before the opportunity passed me by. The tiny lot was almost full, and I saw what appeared to be healthy, "professional"-type women coming out, carrying cranky, hungry kids. Ah, I reasoned, this is where the pressed-for-time, working women go, so it must be good. Still, I entered, hoping that the prices wouldn't be outrageous. At the counter, a courteous employee helped me with the menu. Nothing looked cheap, but the woman assured me that portions were generous. Knowing that my now 40-something husband still LOVES his plastic-wrapped Ramen noodles, the Ramen bowl caught my eye, and I ordered it without further thought. The price was $9. I expected a 5-minute wait, tops. It was more like 9-12, but while sitting at the tiny counter, snacked-on the pumpkin bar samples, and had a lovely cup of herbal water. How nice. Also, a there was a paperback book that spouted the usual catchphrases for enlightened eating. Still, it was entertaining. Before long, my twine-handled kraft bag and I were headed home. Taking one nugget of advice from the book, I poured our soup into a nice china bowl, and put it in the middle of the table. The ladle wouldn't handle the noodles, I knew, so out came a set of cooking tongs. We served those and the giant mushroom slices, bok chow (?), and hearty chunks of pork up with the tongs, then ladled the warm broth over the mass in each of our bowls. Oh, my, what a taste treat. The noodles, as I said, were abundant, and that makes my husband happy. The meat was tender. It was good, but I must oooh, and aaah, more than anything, abot those mushooms. They were meaty. They must have been sauteed with a spice or sauce before going into the soup pot as they had absorbed some mysterious, deep, from-the-heavens goodness, the likes of which I've never known. The kimchi added a nice touch with absolutely no smelliness whatsoever. I loved the meal, in case that wasn't already clear. My husband had the bulk of it, though, and as such reported afterwards, that he was feeling funny from all the salt. I'd not noticed any extra salinity, and besides that, he's sensitive to salt, so we can just take his reaction with...dare I say it (?)... a grain of salt. Sorry about that. I say GO THERE, order the RAMEN, and you will be well-fed, like I was, on a Friday night, when the cupboards were bare, my time was at a premium, and for only $4 per person. Can you beat this? I say a hearty NO.

• Visited November 2013