Our stay at the Grand Traverse Resort was just what we needed - a nice get-away with no need to go anywhere else if we didn't want to. The room was beautiful - we requested a high level room in the towers and the view with all the fall colors was amazing. The king size bed was oh so comfortable and I didn't regret having not brought my own pillow. We ate lunch at Jack's Sports bar located in the resort. The food was average and the service was okay. The Lobby Bar was a nice place to relax. Norm, the bartender was fun to talk to and very knowledgeable about the area hot spots - best wineries, restaurants, etc. Plus he makes a killer margarita. We went up stairs to the Aerie restaurant an opted to share a couple of appetizers and cold beer from local breweries - all delicious. Excellent service.
The staff was exceptionally pleasant, friendly and professional. The one issue that irritated me was the stupid Resort Fee charge of $9.95 for use of the hotel amenities; pool, internet service, fitness center - none of which we even used. I felt the charge of the room itself, which was over $200 (plus all the taxes) should cover such things. And if they insist on charging for it then it should just be included in the room price. I did complain at check out but was simply told that it was "hotel policy".
Be sure and stay in the tower section of the hotel and request a high level floor for the best view. It was all-in-all a wonderful place to stay. I'm sure we will visit again at some point however it may not be our first choice when staying in the TC area, It is a drive to downtown TC but a nice scenic drive up Old Mission Peninsula and some fun wineries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our 900-acres northern Michigan Resort just outside of Traverse City. Enjoy 54 holes of championship golf, spa, indoor/outdoor tennis, indoor water playground, fitness center, private beach club, 4 restaurants, shopping & more. Choose to stay in the signature 17-story glass tower, in a condo down at The Shores or in the newly renovated Hotel. We look forward to hosting you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Traverse Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Traverse Hotel Acme
- Grand Traverse Resort Spa
- Grand Traverse Resort Acme
- Grand Traverse Resort And Spa Grand Traverse County/Acme, MI