“First class” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Traverse Resort and Spa

You added Grand Traverse Resort and Spa to your Saves list
Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd., PO Box 404, Acme, MI 49610   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Acme
Hudsonville, Mi
“First class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We did a weekend getaway with our family of five and stayed at a condo unit. It is connected to the main facility, which allowed interior access to the pool, lobby and such. The condo has two bedrooms, two baths, a kitchen, and living room. Very nice and lots of room. The HD TV's actually had HD too. Expect a lot of kids in the pool having fun while the adult only hot-tub outside is very nice. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you live in this century in a hotel, you need a decent internet connection. I travel extensively for work (and for fun). I'm on the road a lot! This is the worst internet connection I've EVER encountered. In this day and age, there's no excuse for that. It was basically non-functioning. It took me about 10 tries to connect, then it was so slow that I couldn't use it. Stuff wouldn't load at all. I will never come here again. If my teenagers had been along, I would have had to move to a different hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GTResort, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We apologize for the poor experience when attempting to connect to our wi-fi network. Are you able to pass along the specific dates and tentative time of day you experienced the poor connection? We're unaware of any recent conflicts our guests have had when connecting to our network. We actually have a very solid infrastructure with fiber running throughout our property. We have been upgrading access points throughout our property and implementing new network configurations so it's possible there was some downtime. Your experience is certainly not the normal experience when it comes to our wi-fi network. Regardless, we apologize as having a strong wi-fi connection is often #1 when it comes to guest expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Best Regards,
huntington woods, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We just got back from our 3 day/2night spring break vacation at Grand Traverse Resort. They were running a $159/2night special. Not only was it a great deal on a room, but the resort is great! Everything is under 1 roof plus a great pool for the kids, restaurants (at reasonable prices) and a Starbucks right on the resort! We stayed in a hotel room which has been recently updated. Each night the resort hosted a family movie night including popcorn and drinks. They had crafts throughout the day (for breaks from the indoor waterpark). I would have given them an "Excellent" but at the waterpark, they closed off the hot tub for chemicals and opened it too soon and my son was sick that night from inhaling the chlorine. But, they delivered brand new bedding at 2am. I would love to go back in the summer to enjoy the outdoor amenities and some golf for mom & dad. Lastly, the staff was fantastic. Very helpful, courteous, etc. Bell men Isiah & Jon were great, all the helpers with the crafts, movie night, candy making, etc. We will definately be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is difficult to categorize. On one hand the lobby, restaurants, and spa are amazing. On the other hand the guest rooms (I stayed in a tower room) have out-dated decor, the pool is old feeling, and the hotel is VERY overpriced. I love this place and have stayed here a number of times but recently I have found myself staying at other local hotels that are cheaper and newer and then come to the resort for dinner or to use the spa-facilities.

Room Tip: Tower room only!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I wanted to get away for a night before we have our first child. The resort is not what we expected. The bed was horrible and the sheets were cheap and itchy and our duvet cover had a stain on it. The interior of the room needs a lot of renovating. Also for a "tower" room that we paid extra for we also got a view of a rock roof and parking lot. We went to the Aerie for dinner and ended up just having appetizers and leaving. Although the view was spectacular everything else was lacking from the service to the atmosphere. The only thing not lacking were the prices. If you're going to charge that much at least have a dress code!

• Stayed March 2013
Lansing, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed for two nights for the Schluter Systems seminar and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our room on the 6th floor had a nice view of the snow covered golf course. There were a few minor cosmetic blemishes in the bathroom but no big deal.
In the mornings we enjoyed a buffet style breakfast and omlette station. For our lunches we had a sandwich bar on the first day and pork loin with cherry glaze the next. Our dinner was served family style at Aerie on the top floor of the resort. The wine braised short ribs were crazy good.
The staff were top notch as they catered to our every whim. Awesome.

Dennis & Beth Leonard

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed for two nights in March for a conference. This is a full service resort with nice rooms, beautiful surroundings and golf in the summer. Unfortunately, everything was covered with snow when I was there. I would love to come back in the summer. My first room smelled like smoke but I was quickly offered a different room. The staff was very accommodating. The sports bar near the lobby had decent enough food. There is a casino nearby and a shuttle is run back and forth or you can drive. Traverse City is a vacation destination in the summer, so rates are very reasonable off season. Views from the tower rooms are nice. There is also a restaurant at the top of the tower that looked to be very good. One note: the bed in my room was awful.

Room Tip: tower room, high floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Grand Traverse Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!