“OMG!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 122 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Tapas, Asian fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Nantucket just steps off of Main Street, The Nautilus is owned & operated by a local trio of culinary entrepreneurs, Executive Chef Liam Mackey, Mixologist Clinton Terry & Sommelier Stephen Bowler - all formerly of island favorites the Pearl and Boarding House - are thrilled to bring our vision to your plate. The Nautilus is a truly special dining destination focused on the interplay between food, cocktails & wine, & our feeling that these are best enjoyed shared. Open-kitchen dining featuring a chef's bar, a lively drink bar, communal & banquette seating - perfect for both intimate encounters & large group liaisons. The menu is focused on vibrant small plates & multi-person "feasts" using local/seasonal ingredients. Globally styled dishes with strong Asian and Latin roots are a perfect complement to our culinary-inspired cocktails or a great glass of wine. Come early, and stay late, the energy is infectious and the experience is unlike any you will have anywhere else on the island. The Nautilus is open year round and is happy to book your next private party or special event Come get a taste.
Boston, Massachusetts
“OMG!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I thought the food on Nantucket couldn't get any better and then along comes The Nautilus! Former chef from the Pearl! OMG! This young man has outdone himself, the food is brilliant, simply brilliant. Liam is a culinary genius and has surrounded himself with an equally brilliant team. Clinton is the mixologist and like a mad scientist he creates the most interesting and colorful drinks anywhere. Congratulations to the Nautilus on creating a restaurant that is trendy and beautiful and has food that is unmatched in quality, taste and creativity. Small plates allow you to try just about everything...oh so yummy.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston
“The best restaurant on Nantucket!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My title is the best restaurant on Nantucket, but seriously this might be the restaurant I have ever experienced. From the atmosphere to the sheer perfection of every dish, this is a do not miss! I have tried every item on the menu, nothing is not worth trying, but the tune poke is my favorite. In addition to one of the finest chefs around, behind the bar is one of the best mixologists I have come across. Can you tell I love this place! It is hip, fun, and the food and drinks are to die for!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Excellent. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Went early to avoid 'chaos'. 4 of us-8 different plates. All excellent. Maybe texture of grilled octopus not to my liking. Only other thing is that I wished I had been served flavors that were milder at the start and bolder in progression. But a real treat- I'm a huge fan of spicy food. The hotter the better. And this is filling my need. Not hot but very spicy. Can't wait for September when the crowd thins out!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
“A must!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We were told by local Nantucket residents that The Nautilus was fantastic...they were so right!!! The drinks were awesome, we had the house special of the day...super good. The food was fab! We had the salad, mini ribs and shrimp dishes, so, so yummy! The place is fun too. We sat at the bar and had a great time! We highly recommend The Nautilus!

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York, New York
“Noisy, trendy fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Right downtown in old Nantucket, among the quiet old stores and restaurants is an unassuming spot that looks pretty much like the others. Until you step inside. Laughter, excited conversation, around a big, friendly bar. I'm not usually a person who likes communal tables, but the energy in Nautilus is infectious; and my companion and I were soon exchanging recommendations with the three couples next to us. So this is where the twenty- and thirty-somethings in Nantucket go for fun, I thought to myself.
The food: delicious small plates -- I had the lettuce wraps and the house made chorizo. My companion chose the soft shell crab on a steamed bun and the pork belly ramen. Really good! We both felt guilty of the sin of gluttony.
The drinks: the cocktails looked very creative; conventional and a dozen or so craft beers, including locals (a tradition gone of style in most venues), and a really sophisticated wine list - pricey (my only criticism, other than the fact that the place is pretty small), but user friendly; with an interesting style - really good wines in three sizes: 'taste', 'glass' (a healthy pour), and 'half bottle'.
The service: friendly, helpful, excellent. We visited Nautilus after it had been open only a month or two, but our waiter was knowledgeable, made great recommendations, and never forgot we were there. Halfway through our meal, one of the owners stopped by, spent some time telling us about their history, and asked for constructive criticism.
Good food, good drinks, and a great atmosphere -- Nautilus is here to stay.

• Visited July 2014