“Good atmosphere, so so food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
georgia
“Good atmosphere, so so food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I called to order take out from this restaurant, and was told by an annoyed employee that they couldn't just make substitutions, despite the fact that the substitution I requested was listed on their menu (I wanted a chicken sandwich instead of burger and chicken was listed as an available substitution). After I read the employee his own menu, he agreed to accept my order.

I also ordered fried pickles.

When I went to pick up the food from the bar, I noticed a hip vibe and homey atmosphere. It looked like it would be a fun place to dine in.

However, when I got back to my hotel with the food, I found the pickles to be bland and the batter more cakey than I would like. There was no dipping sauce for the pickles, and I only ate 3 before throwing them away. The sandwich that I ordered did come with the correct substitution and I found it to be good.

While my experience with the employee's lack of knowledge of his own menu was not good, I found the food to be priced reasonably for the quality. It was 'pub fare' and not particularly memorable, but I've definitely had much worse.

Visited April 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Good, casual lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

A definite bar/pub atmosphere that is acoustically-challenged making sound resonate loudly in every area. If you don't mind noise then you'll be comfortable...if you're looking for a quiet experience don't try it here, you'll be overwhelmed!

Their Cisco beer-battered fish was GREAT! You get a huge portion of fish. They came with a large side of curly fries that were partly typical frozen curly fries, but did have a coating on the outside that gave them an interesting twist. The Quahog chowder was very yummy, rich and creamy.

My husband was a bit disturbed with all the dust and cobwebs hanging around the booths and the ceiling, and the bathroom was VERY tiny and bit smelly. But overall I didn't feel uncomfortable or grossed out...the table was clean when we sat down.

Overall a good experience for a casual lunch.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Brotherhood is known to be a better value than many other restaurants on Nantucket. As a foodie, I used to stay away but went for lunch last summer and it was excellent! I was so surprised and pleased! Definitely a 'pub' feel, great for the younger crowd (20's/30's).

Visited August 2012
mass
“LOVED THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Loved the name to begin with and then we had the best chicken wings ever and really great beer. We were only in town for a couple of days but so glad we made it here. I think if it wasn't almost the last place we ate at I would have gone again for more food.

Visited December 2012
Amherst, New Hampshire
“Great fireplace seat...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had fantastic potato soup and the best mushroom burgers ever. You walk downstairs into a dark, warm, cozy, friendly establishment with a lit fireplace. Food was terrific. Very nice bar area. we got seated right away but the place filled up within minutes. Waitress knew the area well and was pleasant to speak with.

Visited December 2012