“Fabulous evening” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ventuno

Ventuno
21 Federal St, Nantucket, MA (Formerly 21 Federal)
508 228 4242
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ventuno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 114 restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: Ventuno is an island restaurant inspired by the frascas of Italy, small farmhouses which opened themselves up to friends and neighbors with wine and homemade food. Executive Chefs Gabriel Frasca and Amanda Lydon, with Chef De Cuisine Andrea Solimeo, delight in imagining Nantucket shellfish, fish and produce in Italian hands. House-cut pasta and simple takes on the bounty of sea and land are complemented by a carefully curated Italian wine list. Drink and eat our entire menu on either dining room floor or bar, or the open-air back bar, with comfortable service and the inviting breeze of the ocean.
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Flying in from Boston on a Friday night in November means options are limited. Ventuno has opened up since I last visited and what a great thing! The staff are wonderful and welcoming. I didn't get a chance to eat here, but the food we saw come out looked fab and the other patrons seemed to be enjoying it! Look forward to returning.

• Visited November 2012

76% Recommend
New York
“Absolutely loved Ventuno!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We travel to Nantucket every year so we've dined at many island restaurants, and I have to say that Ventuno is now my new favorite and one I will return to again and again. The decor is lovely, the overall atmosphere is comfortable and not pretentious in the least. Service was attentive and I found our waiter to be extremely helpful with the menu, he was genuinely polite and not condescending at all (as one reviewer mentioned). I found the prices to be in line with fine dining prices in Nantucket - I would actually say that I found it to be reasonable rather than "pricey". Compared to other restaurants of its class, it was equally priced, not more expensive. Dinner for two, with drinks and tip came to $148 - not bad at all by Nantucket standards. And the food? In a word - amazing. Everything was delicious and perfectly prepared. My husband and I shared the pork & beef meatballs and the eggplant caponata on crostini as appetizers - both were a treat. I ordered the duck and my husband a pasta dish of scallops and shrimp, and we also decided to order the parmesan polenta side to share (because I couldn't resist trying it). Both our dinners were sensational - my duck breast was cooked to perfection, moist inside with delicious crispy skin. He loved his pasta as well. Portions were appropriately sized. And the polenta was so good, we wanted more! I can't believe that someone could state that they didn't get enough food - we were so full, we regrettably had no room for dessert. I can't wait to go back to Ventuno again on our next trip - and this time I will definitely leave room for the 'dolci'!

• Visited September 2012
New York
“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Food is good. Ambiance and acoustics need help. Restaurant is too noisy and they play the wrong kind of music and they play it loudly. Ate at 6 restaurants during my recent stay. This was the most expensive and least favorite.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

On our last night we ate here. Loved the atmosphere here! The server was nice, a bit slow, but very cordial, as was all the staff here. We were not rushed at all and were seated in a cute private table for 2. The meals were excellent, but not plentiful. I had the risotto and my husband had tortellini. As typical for Nantucket, food is expensive for the portions that you get, but it was very tasty. I wouldn't hesitate to go here again!

• Visited October 2012
Hyannis, MA
“Need to give it a second chance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My dinner was quite salty. Cheese stuffed ravioli was very good; Duck very good; salad excellent. Service was pleasant, but not especially attentive. We were seated 20 minuites after our reservation time; waited quite some time to be addressed at all and finally to get our orders taken . Slow throughout the evening. Might not have been so bad if we hadn't started late as it was. (8:30). There is a bar in the upstairs dining area and as we were finishing our dinner that area became very active...not quite conducive for the best dinner

Visited September 2012