“Best in Nantucket” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Cuisine of Chef Nimesh Maharjan feature dry-aged steaks, local seafood and fresh local produce known for its pure tastes, bold flavors and striking simplicity. An extensive wine list and warm Nantucket hospitality.
New York
“Best in Nantucket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Having eaten at several restaurants in Nantucket this was by far the best food, service and atmosphere! I had the scallops and my friend had the halibut. Both were flavorful and cooked to perfection.

vero beach
“Figs is now called 29 Fair Street; One of trhe best on island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We have loved Figs Restaurant for many years. This year it is not called Figs but simply 29 Faitr Street . It is under new management, The Executive Chef and Proprietor is Nimesh Maharjan.

We have eaten there several times this summer...It is simply the best restaurant on Nantucket..a cozy gem. Last night ny wife had Stripped Base that was presented in a Mediteranian Style with a light sauce of tomatoes, eggplant and olives that was truly outstanding.

Kudos to Chef Nimesh

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Beautiful decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

All american experience! So happy we choose this spot for our anniversary dinner. It was so special. The candle lit tables are beautiful and the food is amazing. I fell in love with the spot one morning when I walked by but it is so much better at night! I love the whole rustic feel and the presentation of each dish was beautiful.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Will give many restaurants on ACK a run for their money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

The amuse bouche was buttermilk soup over watermelon, caviar, and sea bass. Each bite was with different flavors…True talent in the kitchen.
Appetizer special was a garlic cream and green sauce with frog legs…oh my.
When ordering the scallops dish…I was nervous about the Hazelnut raison vinaigrette since I am not a big raison fan… Needless worry! I am not sure how the raisons were done but, my closest description would be caramelized??? The dish was spectacular. Multi-layered flavor again.
Others at the table had the squash blossom appetizer, the ceviche with lovely & dramatic plantains , the halibut with favas and chanterelles, the risotto where the diner choses his truffle to be grated, and the hanger steak special.
All were pleased with excellent food by Chef Charles Salliou and Chef Nimesh Maharjan. I am excited to have written the first review for Etch in Nashville and now the [new] 29 Fair Restaurant in Nantucket!

Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times for dinner, and most recently, for brunch. It was wonderful! The atmosphere is so charming, as it is located in one of the oldest buildings in town.
The food is outstanding. Beautifully presented, and fresh! Their famous popovers, fresh from the oven were brought to us while we waited for our meals. Delicious!! My eggs benedict were perfect, and my husband's eggs with lobster, were amazing. There was a light rain falling outside, and to be in this lovely restaurant, eating such wonderful food, served by people who were warm, friendly and professional, was truly a pleasure. Thank you 29 Fair!! We'll be back!!