“Todd English but surprisingly just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Cuisine of Chef Nimesh Maharjan feature dry-aged steaks, local seafood and fresh local produce known for its pure tastes, bold flavors and striking simplicity. An extensive wine list and warm Nantucket hospitality.
Southwest Florida
“Todd English but surprisingly just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The good news. The place is charming, the service attentive, it has AC which was great on a humid night. Now the surprising part- I found it uninspired. Simple food, simple veggies, simple ideas. Tasty- yes indeed. We had some of the pizzas, a scallop entree, a meat and a chicken. The wine list isn't mind-blowing extensive but it has good variety.
It is not inexpensive, and I didn't expect it to be, but I was hoping that for the price there would be some passion, something surprising- but alas, I was disappointed. Again, it was tasty and the service was good, but to me it just missed. There are some great restaurants in Nantucket with chefs that really have passion and care, I just got the sense that this place needs to hire one of them.

Clarendon Hills, Illinois
“Quite Charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This place is so charming inside. You step back into a different time period. The food is also very delicious! I had a pasta dish, my husband had a seafood dish, and my two year had pizza! Having pizza on the menu is a lifesaver when you're traveling with a child. The only drawback is that there is only one high chair and another child was already using it. They did accommodate us with a booster seat. Also, I wasn't very inpressed with their dessert options. The only offered three choices. Overall, I would recommend this place for the atmosphere alone!

• Visited July 2012
Avon, CT
“Gem of a restaurant-don't miss it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We loved Figs. The atmosphere, the friendliness of the staff and the fabulous food-understated and perfect. There were three of us: one had the spaghettini and two of us had the cream of asparagus which was light and yet packed with flavor and we shared a portobello and fontina pizza which was the best we have ever had. Then, the piece de resistance arrived-their signature white chocolate bread pudding-delectable.

Can't wait to return-still dreaming about the food.

• Visited September 2011
East Coast, NJ
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

This is a great little gem in Nantucket on Fair St. This restaurant is in the building that used to house the Wooden Box Restaurant. This restaurant has Todd English as their designer chef. We had a Great meal there. The fried calamari was perfect with just the right amount of breading (very light) and the sauce Todd used was the best. Not your typical red marinara sauce. It was just GREAT. We also ordered the short ribs. They were so meaty and tender they just melted in your mouth. The brown gravy was so flavorfull it really complimented the short ribs. This is an intimate restaurant basically lit by candle light. Our server was the best and was very attentive. The inside of the restaurant is all wood. The house that it is in is very old. Not sure of the age but old and charming. Plus it is a very close walk from Main St. in town. You can be there in just a couple of minutes walking from the cobble stone main street of Nantucket. I'm sure it closes in the winter months but next time I am in Nantucket it will definitely be on my schedule to have dinner at this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited July 2011