“We love the outdoor bar area..” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 123 Restaurants in Nantucket
Cuisines: American
“We love the outdoor bar area..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Friendly staff, outdoor bar area is great, great club sandwiches

Visited July 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Love the Starlight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Always good and some of the best service professionals on the island

Visited April 2012
Austin, Texas
“Only game in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Small theater for dinner before and then get up to go in and watch the movie. It gets points because the Island needs it. They have a little gold mine, kind of like going over to a friend's house. Food is ... eh, but the place is, well, it grows on you. And it could be so much better!

Visited December 2011
Cape Cod
“We'll definitiely go back....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Some friends and I deiced to to go Nantucket for the day to celebrate a birthday. Glad we stopped at Starlight for a drink which was recommended by a local. We played a few games and had some ice cold beers. The barntender was great, we meet the owner was as nice as can be. We'll definitely go back the next we're on Nantucket

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario, Canada
“Great movie...horrible food...even worse service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I "happened upon" the Starlight Theatre and Cafe on October 3, 2011. We struck up a conversation with the bartender and one of the locals and learned that the theatre was playing "The Debt" that evening. The local gentleman (who obviously is not much of a "foodie") strongly recommended we stop in for a bite before the movie and we thought that was a great idea....BAD IDEA! On a positive note. The movie was excellent! And, perhaps the food was not as bad as my review, but the waitress' attitude left such a bad taste in my mouth that no gourmet meal was going to erase it. When we sat down at our table, we discovered it was a little wobbly. My husband snatched a PAPER napkin from the neighbouring table and slipped it under the table leg to make things level. The waitress, whose accent revealed she was definitely from the eastern seaboard, stomped over and hastily removed the napkin, replacing it with a plastic shim. She then proceeded to scold my husband stating (her exact words, no lie) "we have things for that! Napkins are VERY EXPENSIVE you know!" Seriously, I know there isn't a Costco on Nantucket...but REALLY? The evening went downhill from there... She was moody, terse and I really just wanted to leave immediately. Instead, we stayed. We had some uninspired crab cakes as an appetizer. My husband picked a "safe" clubhouse sandwich and I had the lobster tacos...not so safe! My drink (an extra large whisky sour) was by far the best part of the meal (kudos to the bartender!) and a very welcome libation given this disastrous experience. My only word of advice to the management of this establishment....fire this young thing and maybe we'll try again!

• Visited October 2011