“For the coupon deal it was good, if I paid full price it was not !” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Le Languedoc

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nantucket
Le Languedoc
You added Le Languedoc to your Saves list
24 Broad Street, Nantucket, MA 02554   |
Ranked #32 of 40 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Pembroke, Massachusetts
“For the coupon deal it was good, if I paid full price it was not !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at #3 Hussey St., I was happy it was quiet and clean there were a few details I would improve on. A soap dispenser in the second floor bathroom would be helpful, a blow dryer should be provided, coffee should be available at Hussey St ($100 Keurig maker would be perfect in the livingroom). Not having those items screamed "cheap" to me. The rooms were hot, stuffy a fan was provided. If you are using the Town Pool deal no reason that making the reservation has to be so difficult, I got the feeling the reservation person is told to save the good rooms and good dates and give any Town Pool deals the leftovers. The dinner was really great at their own restaurant. Catherine was wonderful, professional, helpful the other staff didn't go the extra mile as Catherine did, she's a keeper !

Room Tip: First floor rooms much cooler.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kennebunkport, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the 3 Hussey Street Inn, which is owned by Le Languedoc. I only saw the innkeeper once when I arrived and all she said was my room would be ready in an hour. After that I never saw her again, only heard a group of people talking all hours of the night behind a door that read employees only. My room came with a set of towels but after the first day housekeeping took them and never replaced them. So with that I didn't enjoy using a hand towel or foot mat towel as a bath towel for the following two days. There were no Kleenex in the room and no hair dryer. Also I was not told about the breakfast that was offered at the le languedoc location down the road, I was looking around on the table in the inn at the brochures of local attractions and finally found a small note from the inn under another display stating the time of the breakfast. So of course I showed up the following morning to find coffee and small blueberries muffins as the total selection... I have stayed at multiple bed and breakfasts and that is very slim pickings and it showed no effort was put in to it... Surprising to me since the le languedoc restaurant is wonderful and has a very extravagant menu for dinner. You would think they would want to show case their culinary skills a little better to draw guests to have dinner right there. And finally to reserve my room was not a pleasant experience. The people were very disorganized and forgot just about every detail I told them originally, down to the number of days I was staying, the billing and scheduling it. I had to call back about 5 days in a row to finalize the vacation. I was told by the person who answered the reservation line someone else would call me back three days in a row and they never called me back and finally on the 4th day of trying they took my reservation. Overall I wouldn't stay here again. I know there are many other inns on Nantucket that have much much better service and that I've been 100% satisfied with. It's too bad, I like using town pool deals to find
and try new inns.

• Stayed May 2014
Montgomery Village, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The property is located in the middle of town...convenient to almost everything. The bed is comfortable and bathroom and room condition is clean. Breakfast is hearty and good. I Really enjoyed my stay there

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Barnstable, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here with my cousin the first weekend of October. The location of the place is fantastic - close to everything. We stayed in room number 2 with a shared bath. We had two twin beds that were very comfortable. The room was a decent size. There was an extremely small tv, but the room really was just a place for us to sleep. The was a nice breakfast in the morning consisting of muffins, coffee, tea, and OJ. It was a nice inn and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
buenos aires
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Is just a B&B, it has límited service, rooms do not have enough lights. It is noisy for it has a Restaurant downstairs. Bathrooms are old. In a few words take it or leave it. Also take in account that if you have rented a car you dont have where to park it.

• Stayed June 2013
Easton, CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I bought a Town Pool "deal" - $185 for 2 nights of lodging plus a $50 dining credit at Le Languedoc, Nantucket which had to be used by June 19. It seemed like a great value as Le Languedoc's restaurant is great. My first surprise was that my sister and I were sent to #3 Hussey Street. We were greeted by a less-than-welcoming woman who handed us keys and sent us up to a shabby little room at the top of the stairs. That was the last we saw of any "staff". The stairs would not meet any contemporary building code. They are steep, narrow and not particularly safe. The room was furnished in early junkyard. The beds were old and worn out. The shared bathroom was adequate. There is no air conditioning however a fan was provided.

We effectively paid $67.50 per night for our room which is very cheap for Nantucket however I think we over-paid.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for the cheapest room for two for a single night that we could find, to extend our stay on Labor Day weekend. At $160, this was it. Trip Advisor should probably have a seperate entry for #3 Hussey Street, but since it's run by the same folks as Le Languedoc, here we are. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised - the room was a decent size with a couch, a small tv, an air conditioner and a fan. We shared a bathroom with one other room - no problem there; it was clean and served its purpose.
Based on a phone call, they let us leave our bags in the living room, since the room wouldn't be ready until mid-day. We didn't see any staff when we arrived, so we just dropped our bags and left. When we returned in the early evening, our key was taped to the door in an envelope, with some instructions. So there weren't any warm, personal interractions with the staff, but none were needed.
I guess it's fair to say that you get what you pay for, keeping in mind that you're paying in Nantucket dollars. We took the cheapest room we could find and we were pleasantly surprised by what we got.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Le Languedoc? Share your experiences!