We stayed at Cliff's Lodge in early August. Here is a breakdown of our experience:
* The innkeeper was friendly.
* Breakfast, which mainly consisted of scones, cereal and coffee was OK.
* General use rooms are well maintained.
* Our room was incredibly small. I'm 5'7 and could literally reach my arms from one end of the room to the other. If you book a room on the third floor, you need to be aware of this. This was our #1 issue with the Lodge [we expected small and got tiny].
* While not my highest priority, you should be aware that the TV is tiny (about 10") with no remote.
* Our bathroom door would not stay shut.
* The room looked old and it looked run down.
While we mainly explored Nantucket and did not spend much time in our room, the accommodations were below our expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood on a meticulously landscaped property, the inn is within easy walking distance to all downtown shops, restaurants, beaches, museums and ferry services. Although best known as a summer resort, Nantucket Island is extraordinary in every season, and the Cliff Lodge welcomes you with crackling fireplaces, down comforters, homemade afternoon treats, and special activity weekends during the quirt season. Experience the leisurely ambiance and delightful charm of the Cliff Lodge as a special place that always beckons you to return. With its many comfortable gathering areas, its fireplaces, the luxury of its rooms, its peaceful garden patio, and of course its spacious roof walk offering panoramic views of the town and the harbor, the Cliff Lodge is a place of easy elegance that can make you forget that you have ever worked for a living. We take pride in offering our guests personal service in a warm and friendly setting. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cliff Hotel Nantucket