“lots of Nantucket charm” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
2015 Season Begins...
Ranked #7 of 40 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Salem, Massachusetts
“lots of Nantucket charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is a well run inn with lots of Nantucket charm. The location is excellent! I stayed in their smallest room (Maria Mitchell), but it was very comfortable with an ample bathroom included. Good wire-less internet connection.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

We'd planned to go to Martha's Vineyard but ended up on the boat to Nantucket. Are we glad we made the mistake! We walked up the street from the ferry pier and found the Brass Lantern immediately. It was midweek and we were given a beautiful quiet corner room. Our hosts were very gracious in helping us to arrange an island tour and giving us dining tips. Breakfast was delicious. We'd stay again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Traveled to Nantucket with my daughter for Daffodil weekend in Nantucket. Loved the Brass Lantern Inn. Of course, the location can't be beat if you are looking for something close to town. The room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. The service at the Inn, both the Innkeeper Jane and everyone with whom we spoke, were delightful and helpful. Breakfast with fresh baked goodies and fresh fruit (along with other things) hit the spot, and tea and fresh baked cookies in the afternoon were the perfect pick-me-up. Thanks to all for a great visit.
Mich and Isa, Boston MA

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

I'd read a lot of reviews online and even had my cousin who lives on Nantucket check out the Brass Lantern before booking. From the moment I walked in the door, this place was the best! The manager introduced herself and even helped me with my rather cumberous suitcase. My room was just perfect, more luxurious then the pictures on their website, including a heater in the bathroom! This was particularly important to me as the outside temp was a chilly 40 degrees and being a recent "tropical wimp", I was cold! Tea time with freshly baked cookies put the icing on the cake shortly after my arrival and every afternoon of my stay! Despite the rather dismal Nantucket weather (normal for mid April) , I enjoyed every minute of my long weekend at the Brass Lantern!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

This was our third stay here. We love the central location to town. The Innkeeper, Jane is wonderul and helpful,. The continental breakfast is great!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

This is a great place to stay for a relaxing weekend. It's extremely well located within easy strolling distance of the center, the Whaling Museum, the Historic District, and many great restaurants. The staff couldn't have been more friendly. Breakfast was not particularly fancy, but it was fine & the cookies & tea in the afternoon were a nice touch. Rooms were somewhat small, but they were also a lot less expensive than a number of guest houses I checked out. The bed was fantastic. The place was also dead quiet at night. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

For our first trip to Nantucket, i looked at the Brass Lantern because of its special weekend (which included 2 high-speed ferry tickets, as well as two tix for the nearby whaling museum). It was a little more expensive than I expected, but for the island, you are paying for location. And this inn has great location. Ten minute walk to the lighthouse, two minutes from the museum and shops/restaurants.
Our room was very tiny for $200+ a night, but again, you pay for having a bed somewhere in Nantucket. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice, however, the bathroom in general was cramped.
Decent breakfast in the morning, however they could not seem to get hot water right for my tea. In the afternoon, they bake cookies.
This is a good spot for couples heading to the island for the first time, easy to find and get around. Probably not good for families or folks on a budget (trust me, I spent more than $100 more than I expected overall for a two-day vacation).

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Brass Lantern Inn? Share your experiences!