“A perfect Stay in Nantucket” 5 of 5 stars

Seven Sea Street Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   7 Sea Street, Nantucket, MA 02554   |
Ranked #3 of 40 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Oakfield, NS
“A perfect Stay in Nantucket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My Sister -in-law and I just returned from Nantucket. The reviews on Trip Advisor helped us decide to stay at Seven Seas. And they were right. It is a perfect inn. Great Host, great food, easy walk to the ferry, centrally located, and great amenities. We loved the view from the Widow's walk and enjoyed the reading rooms. One evening we enjoyed a quiet dinner in the garden. We picked up dinner at a near by location and our host provided all the glasses, plates, napkins, cutlery, etc. and lit the fireplace. It was lovely.

If I have the chance to return to Nantucket, I hope there will be room at the Inn for a very happy customer

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Woburn, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I spent a few days in July of 2012 at the Seven Sea Street Inn in Nantucket. We enjoyed ourselves so much we're going back next month.

First, the Inn is a ten-minute walk from the ferry, with no hills. Second, Matt, the innkeeper, is an extremely gracious host. Next, our room (a suite) was extremely comfortable, with a private bath and wonderfully soft towels. Breakfasts were delicious, but one of the best things about breakfast was that all the guests ate together. We met some wonderful people. Can't wait to see who we meet this year!

Room Tip: The web site has really good, accurate descriptions of the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Southern CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Seven Sea Street Inn is perfection on this island place where you can get lost in looking for perfection. Stop looking. Put down the mouse. This is it. It is close to the ferry, Youngs Bike shop [buy this year's hat - always a collectors item], and the Innkeepers know all the dope on where to eat on the island. They have a neat Iannex Inn where we always stay, filled with beyond perfect rooms just steps from the main house. Breakfast is neat and gourmet, or they can point you to a recommended restaurant for any meal. My wife is a tea junkie. They have all the best tea choices here and apparently know how to serve it too. Most important, the beds are great here. My wife is a high mainitenance bed person. I am the pillow hater when we travel. Relax. You'll sleep great here. We usually come to Nantucket for short stays of 2-4 nights while we travel the Cape. I paint, she like to bike, hike, window shop, tour the old homes [take that tour for sure unless you have little kids], and do Sconset to take lots of "Pottery Barn" kind of photos and aenjoy good sandwitch from the local cafe with all the visiting hedge fund crowd. The Seven Sea Street Inn is our home base away from home. Wish we could do a winter stay there by a fireplace - but I never leave southern CA between October and June. But the Seven Sea Street Inn is very very tempting. Subscribe to the newsletter.

Room Tip: We liked the annex inn and have only stayed here. The Inn was always booked. It is quiet cozy, char...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We just got back from a short stay on our favorite place and can't say enough about how nice it is to go back to the Seven Sea Street Inn. We have been staying there for the last eight years and are always very pleased with everything there from the room to the breakfast. Especially Claudias' baked good, a delightful treat to wake up to. The location is ideal and the comfort level is perfect. We are already booked for a return trip in August and I can't say enough about how staying there always lends to the success of our visit. Thanks for many years of hospitality to Matt, Claudia and Judith.

Room Tip: They are all good.
msp3672, Owner at Seven Sea Street Inn, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We greatly appreciate this wonderful review and yes I agree, Claudia's baking talents are worth raving about. She is a special part of our hospitality team here at the Inn. We do our best to create a welcoming, warm and comfortable ambiance while providing professional and personal service for our guests ... who we consider our friends ... I know that sounds cliche but it's true. There is nothing more flattering than guests who return to your Inn ... and we hope we can continue to earn that very special compliment!
Brookline, Mass.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have been staying at the Seven Sea Street Inn for more than 20 years and have always found it to be welcoming, comfortable, and hospitable. Over the years, we've booked the queen rooms, king rooms, deluxe suite, and the two room suite. All have been just about perfect. We particularly enjoy the communal breakfast room, where we've met many fascinating people while enjoy the continental-style servings of baked goods, fruit, and tea. The innkeepers know a lot about the island itself and all the good places for lunch or dinner. We also enjoy the quiet setting of the library, where we can relax over a good book with a fire in the stove when it's chilly. The inn fits right into the architecture of the town, so we feel as if we have a second home on Nantucket when we stay at Seven Sea Street.

Room Tip: We found the two room suite to be just about ideal.
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We just returned from our first trip to Nantucket, and are ready to return! Quite a bit of this love affair with Nantucket is because of our 4 night stay at the Seven Sea Street Inn. From our initial online contacts with Matt & Claudia to our departure, they made our entire time on the island nearly perfect. As we entered the Inn after a long day of traveling, there was Claudia to greet us with her homemade chocolate chip cookies. We stayed in the third floor suite of the Main House, which was large, private and comfortable. We had easy access to the roof with the view of all Nantucket. The Inn is withing walking distance to the beaches and town, yet it is on a quiet side street-the perfect combination. We would highly recommend Seven Sea Street Inn. PS- Aaah, the fresh homemade breakfast each morning was an incredible way to start the day.

Southington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I would like to begin this review by stating that I am a picky person. I do not travel as much anymore because my standards are high and I don't enjoy when rooms/places/hotels are not clean or do not live up to my expectations. With that being said, I recently stayed for two nights for a relaxing girls getaway. I stayed in the main house with a room with a king bed. I truly loved everything about this place. The proximity to the ferry is ideal. It is just a short walk and the inn is easy to find. My room was spotless and tastefully decorated. I enjoyed the rustic and warm feel and I found the room to be spacious. Matt and Claudia are genuine and incredibly helpful. Claudia even graciously offered to drive me to my destination when I realized I was short on time and the place I wanted to visit was closing within the hour!! The breakfasts were yummy and a nice variety of foods were offered. I will definitely return to this inn on my next visit to the island. Thanks!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
msp3672, Owner at Seven Sea Street Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
We are so pleased to receive this review and other similar reviews. We put our heart and soul into what we do and care deeply about our guests experience. Thank you for the wonderful feedback ... we'll do our best to continue offering our high standard of personal service and hope others decide to stay with us, and give us the opportunity to welcome them as well, while visiting our lovely Island.

Matthew Parker
Innkeeper/Owner

Been to Seven Sea Street Inn? Share your experiences!