“25th year anniversary get-away” 5 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Save on Fast Ferry Ticket
Ranked #3 of 41 Nantucket B&B and Inns
Boston
“25th year anniversary get-away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Seven Sea Street for our 25th year wedding anniversary get-away. I've been at many bed and breakfasts over the years, this one was definitely one of the best. There are two things which sets it apart from most others. First, the distinct feeling that you are being served by the owner and manager. Many bed and breakfasts are more or less "what you see is what you get and don't expect more." Not this place. The hosts go out of there way to help you and serve you, and they do it cheerfully. Second, attention to detail. From the wallpaper, to the artwork, to the courtesy gifts, to the breakfast experience, to the customer service, everything seems to have been carefully thought out. This is obviously not just Matt and Claudia's business, this is their calling. Great time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

365 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed in the inn for 3 nights. Everything about the inn is perfect- excellent location - wonderful guest rooms - great breakfast with homemade baked goods. Matt and Claudian were wonderful and gave us lots of good information. I cant imagine a more lovely inn.

Room Tip: 2nd floor suite is fantastic
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hammond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our stay at the Seven Sea Street Inn was such a wonderful experience!
Our room was spacious, very comfortable and nicely decorated. The Seven Sea Street Inn is conviently located to local restaurants and shopping, all within walking distance. It is also only a couple of blocks from the ferry.
Matt and Claudia were a wealth of information about Nantucket. They assisted us in making reservations for dinner, a tour of the island, a sailboat excursion and securing our ferry tickets prior to our trip. Claudia makes a wonderful continental breakfast each morning which is a great starter for visiting with other guests and making new friends! We can't wait to return to Seven Sea Inn!

Room Tip: We enjoyed staying in the main house on the ground level !
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I visited in early April. A little bit early in the season to find much open in town. The inn is very comfortable and the staff welcoming. They didn't hesitate to make adjustments to the commercial side when ferries didn't go as planned. We had many pleasant conversations. Breakfast was delicious and offered choices for my wife and I who have decidedly different appetites.

The only down side was that the folks on the floor above were wearing their wooden heels and the clacking off the wood floors was disturbing. I'm sure a throw rug here or there would have stopped that. But this is hardly worth mentioning.

Room Tip: Make sure that the 3rd floor takes off their shoes!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmot, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had wonderful stay at the Seven Sea Street Inn during our visit to Nantucket. The B&B is immaculate and welcoming - we felt as though we were visiting and then leaving family! The food is incredible and the conversations stimulating. Claudia and Judith went above and beyond to make our 45th Anniversary at Seven Sea Street Inn special - even presenting us with two SSSI mugs and an ornament at the request of our daughter's phone request to ensure continued memories of the Inn and the Island. We certainly appreciated the extra steps that were taken and highly recommend this special place to everyone we know. Gary and Loretta

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I have never been to Nantucket and I came across this inn with all the positive reviews on trip advisor. We hit the jackpot!! It is a very short walk from steam ship fast ferry and right around the corner from town. The inn keepers can not do enough for you. The continental breakfast was absolutely delicious and they were always eager to fill your coffee or tea cup if running low. I have to say we met some great people while we were staying so each breakfast was like hanging out with friends. Claudia was very helpful when we had a issue w/ our tv and came right up to our room at night to fix it. Our room # 8 was very clean and spacious. Our king size bed was very comfortable. You have access to a cup of of coffee no matter what time you wake up. I will defiantly be returning to Seven Street Inn. All of the inn keepers are so welcoming and attentive to details that it just feels like home when you are staying here.

• Stayed April 2013
Kennebunk, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

When my husband told me he had to go to Nantucket on business and invited me to come along I was excited.The fact that we would be staying in a B&B was even more appealing! The post and beam structure, rustic pine planked floors and braided rugs provided a cosiness despite the chilly spring temperatures. We enjoyed a kings sized very comfortable bed, wonderful water pressure and thick fluffy towels. There was a refrigerator for all our wonderful leftovers and a desk where I could set up my laptop with free wi-fi. In the morning I enjoyed a lovely breakfast with fellow travelers.
I found Mark to be a very accommodating Innkeeper. Whether booking an island tour, bicycle rental or a place to eat, he provided inside Islander information!
Seven Sea Street Inn offers a great location, reasonable price, and a great Nantucket experience. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Seven Sea Street Inn? Share your experiences!