“Best experience for the first time on Nantucket.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Seven Sea Street Inn to your Saves list
Seven Sea Street Inn
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   7 Sea Street, Nantucket, MA 02554   |
Ranked #3 of 40 Nantucket B&B and Inns
“Best experience for the first time on Nantucket.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I have never been to Nantucket and I came across this inn with all the positive reviews on trip advisor. We hit the jackpot!! It is a very short walk from steam ship fast ferry and right around the corner from town. The inn keepers can not do enough for you. The continental breakfast was absolutely delicious and they were always eager to fill your coffee or tea cup if running low. I have to say we met some great people while we were staying so each breakfast was like hanging out with friends. Claudia was very helpful when we had a issue w/ our tv and came right up to our room at night to fix it. Our room # 8 was very clean and spacious. Our king size bed was very comfortable. You have access to a cup of of coffee no matter what time you wake up. I will defiantly be returning to Seven Street Inn. All of the inn keepers are so welcoming and attentive to details that it just feels like home when you are staying here.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Kennebunk, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

When my husband told me he had to go to Nantucket on business and invited me to come along I was excited.The fact that we would be staying in a B&B was even more appealing! The post and beam structure, rustic pine planked floors and braided rugs provided a cosiness despite the chilly spring temperatures. We enjoyed a kings sized very comfortable bed, wonderful water pressure and thick fluffy towels. There was a refrigerator for all our wonderful leftovers and a desk where I could set up my laptop with free wi-fi. In the morning I enjoyed a lovely breakfast with fellow travelers.
I found Mark to be a very accommodating Innkeeper. Whether booking an island tour, bicycle rental or a place to eat, he provided inside Islander information!
Seven Sea Street Inn offers a great location, reasonable price, and a great Nantucket experience. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Radnor, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We just returned from 3 nights at 7 Sea Street Inn, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, quiet spot in town. While the pre-season weather was windy and wet, our accommodations at the Inn were warm and welcoming. Claudia immediately made us feel right at home, and Matt (the owner/Innkeeper) was accessible and eager to please. Our suite on the third floor (room #9) was delightful, with a full kitchen, gas fireplace, plenty of space to relax, a cozy bedroom and tidy bathroom. Our only critique was the mattress -- a bit firm for our taste. Excellent coffee and breakfast treats downstairs each morning. Our stay was a very pleasant experience, we'd do it again at the next opportunity.

Room Tip: Love the suite (#9) -- it's the only room on the third floor, with full kitchen and nice living...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
PLEASANTVILLE, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have known Matt Parker for 30 years, since summers when we both used to work out on Nantucket. Aside from being a long-time islander, he is the penultimate innkeeper--friendly, easy-going attentive, and detail-oriented. He runs a tight ship at Seven Sea Street. I've been staying at his inn for over 10 years, and have never been disappointed. In addition to the inn's great location, competitive prices, and wonderfiul breakfast, the staff will help you make dinner and ferry reservations and provide touring and biking information.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at the inn for one night when in Nantucket for work. The Inn is on a side street that's not marked (hope you have a GPS!) and within walking distance to the shops and restaurants of downtown as well as a fairly easy walk to the beach. It is also a few short blocks from the ferry. It is longer from the airport than I would want to walk, but possible to do. With strong legs or a bicycle, there's no reason you'd need a car for your whole trip if on the island to relax. Bike rentals are nearby if needed, too. There are also cabs.

The Inn itself is a little rustic and very homey. The inn is filled with warm colored wood and rugs throughout. There are several public sitting areas with games, computer, etc provided for your use. There's also a widow's peak on the third floor, but be warned the ladder is hard to use while also pushing up the heavy door to get onto the roof! It does offer nice views of Nantucket to reward you for your efforts, though.

I stayed in a room on the first floor, and found the bed to be firm, but comfortable. I really appreciated the "Inn directory" that included most anything I needed to know about the inn as well as the hotel. The room was simple, but had thoughtful details, including a bright light at the bathroom mirror and ample towels. There was also a hair dryer, soap, and shampoo. The closest thing to a complaint I would have is that the water pressure wasn't wonderful, but I've stayed places with worse pressure, too.

Breakfast buffet style was included in the rate, and was served during a morning time frame that you select on arrival....between 8 and 9 or 9 and 10. The food was simple, but good--breakfast casserole, yogurt, granola, fresh fruit. Coffee and juice were provided, too.

7 Sea Street Inn would be a great couples getaway or single retreat, and if I'm ever able to return to Nantucket, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've stayed at Seven Sea Street before, but returning again gave me a new appreciation for a great inn that always feels comfortable and cozy, like a home away from home. What gave me a new appreciation? Staying at other B&B's, both on Nantucket and in other varied parts of the country. When I travel to places I've been before, I like to mix it up and try different restaurants, inns, etc. What's wrong with other inns at which I've stayed? Nothing especially (with one notable exception in Austin, Texas). I have no big criticisms of most of these places - but no real praises either. Which bring me back to Seven Sea Street. What can I say about this place - they consistently outperform. Nice facilities, warm innkeepers, helpful staff, a great location. The character of the place is Nantucket itself. You can read the other reviews and see I'm not alone here. It's what you imagine a Bed & Breakfast to be; what you expect a Bed & Breakfast to be. Variety may be the spice of life, but when it comes to travel lodging, I like to know what I'm getting. From now on, when I have occasion to travel to Nantucket - either alone on business or with my wife for a romantic getaway - my only choice will be Seven Sea Street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
yarmouthport, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a treat!! to get away to Nantucket and spend 2 days at the Inn with an islander friend of mine!! Everything about the Inn is sooo cozy and deee-lish-us!!! Met the owner Matt and our hostess Claudia who both were so personable and helpful to make our stay a 5 star stay!! Right in town--the best place to be!! We loved the spiral staircase leading to the Widow's walk for the panoramic view of town and the harbor!! I have even booked it for my son and his wife while they visit us here on the Cape from Kodiak AK in June!! So, check your calendar and make it a wonderful destination!! Sue from Yarmouthport--Cape Cod ;)

Room Tip: The main building has many beautiful rooms along with 2 "sitting" rooms to gather in for a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Seven Sea Street Inn? Share your experiences!