“Rustic comfort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 44 Nantucket B&B and Inns
georgia
“Rustic comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I stayed at the inn for one night when in Nantucket for work. The Inn is on a side street that's not marked (hope you have a GPS!) and within walking distance to the shops and restaurants of downtown as well as a fairly easy walk to the beach. It is also a few short blocks from the ferry. It is longer from the airport than I would want to walk, but possible to do. With strong legs or a bicycle, there's no reason you'd need a car for your whole trip if on the island to relax. Bike rentals are nearby if needed, too. There are also cabs.

The Inn itself is a little rustic and very homey. The inn is filled with warm colored wood and rugs throughout. There are several public sitting areas with games, computer, etc provided for your use. There's also a widow's peak on the third floor, but be warned the ladder is hard to use while also pushing up the heavy door to get onto the roof! It does offer nice views of Nantucket to reward you for your efforts, though.

I stayed in a room on the first floor, and found the bed to be firm, but comfortable. I really appreciated the "Inn directory" that included most anything I needed to know about the inn as well as the hotel. The room was simple, but had thoughtful details, including a bright light at the bathroom mirror and ample towels. There was also a hair dryer, soap, and shampoo. The closest thing to a complaint I would have is that the water pressure wasn't wonderful, but I've stayed places with worse pressure, too.

Breakfast buffet style was included in the rate, and was served during a morning time frame that you select on arrival....between 8 and 9 or 9 and 10. The food was simple, but good--breakfast casserole, yogurt, granola, fresh fruit. Coffee and juice were provided, too.

7 Sea Street Inn would be a great couples getaway or single retreat, and if I'm ever able to return to Nantucket, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've stayed at Seven Sea Street before, but returning again gave me a new appreciation for a great inn that always feels comfortable and cozy, like a home away from home. What gave me a new appreciation? Staying at other B&B's, both on Nantucket and in other varied parts of the country. When I travel to places I've been before, I like to mix it up and try different restaurants, inns, etc. What's wrong with other inns at which I've stayed? Nothing especially (with one notable exception in Austin, Texas). I have no big criticisms of most of these places - but no real praises either. Which bring me back to Seven Sea Street. What can I say about this place - they consistently outperform. Nice facilities, warm innkeepers, helpful staff, a great location. The character of the place is Nantucket itself. You can read the other reviews and see I'm not alone here. It's what you imagine a Bed & Breakfast to be; what you expect a Bed & Breakfast to be. Variety may be the spice of life, but when it comes to travel lodging, I like to know what I'm getting. From now on, when I have occasion to travel to Nantucket - either alone on business or with my wife for a romantic getaway - my only choice will be Seven Sea Street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
yarmouthport, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

What a treat!! to get away to Nantucket and spend 2 days at the Inn with an islander friend of mine!! Everything about the Inn is sooo cozy and deee-lish-us!!! Met the owner Matt and our hostess Claudia who both were so personable and helpful to make our stay a 5 star stay!! Right in town--the best place to be!! We loved the spiral staircase leading to the Widow's walk for the panoramic view of town and the harbor!! I have even booked it for my son and his wife while they visit us here on the Cape from Kodiak AK in June!! So, check your calendar and make it a wonderful destination!! Sue from Yarmouthport--Cape Cod ;)

Room Tip: The main building has many beautiful rooms along with 2 "sitting" rooms to gather in for a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Nantucket, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My girlfriends from the Cape and I had a fantastic time staying at the inn which is walking distance to everything downtown. It felt like we were at home with all the cozy sitting rooms & breakfast room with the fireplaces going. We even had our morning coffee overlooking the harbor and town from the roof walk. Claudia, the innkeeper, puts on a wonderful breakfast of all kinds of foods...from just toast to delicious baked goods...plenty of fruit, yogurts & cereal. The rooms are very comfy and adorable. We enjoyed it so much that one of my girlfriends is booking one of the cute rooms for her son and his wife for a summer visit here from Alaska.
Patty from Nantucket

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ridgefield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Inn is very close to the ferry and downtown Nantucket.
We used bicycles throughout our stay - no cabs.
Excellent breakfast.
Staff was very accomodating through out our stay.
When we come back for another visit, we expect to stay at the Seven Seas.

Chris and Laurie from CT

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was our first trip to Nantucket and Seven Sea Street Inn was the perfect place to stay. It was very comfortable & clean, all the staff were friendly and courteous. The special goodies Claudia made for breakfast (and for snacks throughout the day) were yummy! And Matt was helpful in regards to anything we needed (transportation, restaurants, tips on what to see). The location puts the Inn within walking distance of all the downtown shops as well as the wharf.

Perhaps the best endorsement we can give is this - we are already planning a return to Nantucket (with our son and his wife as well as another trip with my father) and know where we'll be staying - the Seven Sea Street Inn. Hope you get to go and enjoy it too!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a gas fireplace - nice!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Who knew Nantucket in the middle of winter could be so great! I was there on business and stayed at the Seven Sea Street Inn. Open year round it is extremely charming, comfortable, and the rooms are very cozy (I loved that I could control my own heat!). Most importantly, the innkeepers were wonderful and very enthusiastic. An added bonus - Lola restaurant is a 2 minute walk from the inn. Close to the water and the beach.

KM from Boston

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Seven Sea Street Inn? Share your experiences!