“Outstanding place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Union Street Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nantucket
Union Street Inn
You added Union Street Inn to your Saves list
7 Union Street, Nantucket, MA 02554   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Nantucket
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

The Union Street Inn is outstanding in every way. It absolutely deserves the great press on trip advisor. Last fall, I spent the night before my wedding there, and my husband and I stayed another week for our honeymoon. We chose Union Street after having done extensive in-person and online research into B&B and hotel options on the island and talking with our family members who are permanent residents there.

The inn is beautifully decorated and centrally located to all that town has to offer. The owners, Ken and Deb, are extremely accommodating, professional, and gracious. It is evident that they have paid careful attention to every detail of the inn and that it and the staff are very well managed. Daily breakfast on the quiet, leafy patio was pure luxury and was marked by their trademark unobtrusively attentive service. We certainly had our share of the wonderful afternoon cookies, too.

Before your arrival, the hosts will make restaurant recommendations and reservations for you (with a written summary in your room), and they provide information about island activities each day. Our room was well appointed, comfortable, quiet, and sunny.

Without exaggerating, every aspect of our stay was flawless.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
nantucket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

I live on Nantucket and booked a room at the Union Street Inn for overflow family. I found this B&B on the web, liked their website, so I figured I'd take a chance and book a room. Plus, the price was very reasonable. I've passed this B&B everyday for years but never paid much attention until I yesterday. What a great spot, and a great place! The location is absolutely perfect - within a block is the ferry, Main Street, tons of restaurants, a supermarket, bike shops, everything. And the room was beautiful. The person who checked my in-laws in wanted to alert us to the narrow bathroom but it didn't strike us a particularly narrow. The in-laws had a solid night of sleep, then a full breakfast with fresh muffins, fruit, french toast, you name it. They couldn't say enough good things about their stay. This is the kind of place you hope to get when booking online sight unseen -it's a gem, no kidding.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

Rooms were great at the Union Street Inn. All too often, I find rooms at inns too frilly, lacy, flowery, feminine. The Union Street Inn was none of that. The decor and linens were thoughtfully chosen and very appealing to the eye. Of all the small inns in which I have stayed, I would say this was one of the best with respect to the decor. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was well lit, with nice fixtures and bath products (by Fresh). The breakfast was excellent. From my understanding, it is one of the few inns that will serve breakfast, rather than provide it via buffet-style. The outdoor patio is great, too.

Ken was an excellent host. Very polite and personable. I did not get a chance to meet his wife/co-host.

Location is fantastic. It is perhaps one of the closest inns to Main St. and the ferries.

I find the appeal of inns in old, historic buildings. However, for some, that might be considered a negative. At the Union Street Inn, expect some slanted floors, low ceilings, and small bathrooms. Although I found the inn to be very quiet inside and out, one is still able to hear some noises from hallways and common areas. Finally, some may find the rates in the summer a bit pricy. It is probably one of the more expensive inns on the island.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

Just spent a weekend at the Union Street in over Nantucket's Christmas Stroll. The breakfasts were great, and the inn keepers did as much as possible to help us with our trip. Ryan even booked us a table for dinner before their 30 day policy. I'd recommend the Union Street inn to anyone going to nantucket and looking for a B&B

• Liked — Breakfast, rooms, and staff
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

Trust the reviews on TripAdvisor-- Union Street Inn is outstanding! We had a beautiful room (#3) and enjoyed delicious breakfasts. The inn is a short walk from the ferry and the best restaurants and shops in Nantucket. Ken and his team provide wonderful service.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Thanks to Ken, Deb, Ryan and Caroline.

So the room tilted a degree or two downhill from the windows to the bath.... Made it all the more authentic as an old but beautifully restored Nantucket gem. I'd mention the room number but I want to keep it a secret so I get to reserve it again for next year. Suffice to say the king bed was a treasure and the shower perfect.

And seven straight days of sun? Who knew?

So, what made it not perfect? Ever hear of a souffle made with salt instead of sugar? Try the "21 Federal" restaurant if you dare.

• Liked — The Hosts
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

This was our first visit to Nantucket and based on other Trip Advisor reviews, we decided to book the Union Street Inn. Our three night stay was restful and easy. The inn is located 1/2 block from downtown, so everything was at our fingertips. We were a few blocks from bike rentals, around the corner from the shuttle buses and walking distance to most restaurants and all shops. The inn, although small was very well appointed and lovely. As all reviews before me have commented, breakfast was special. The tiny outside patio was the perfect setting for a delicious morning breakfast. Don't miss the macadamia nut cookies and lemonade in the afternoons! Other nice touches were the bottles of water in our rooms and in the kitchen, the Fresh toiletries and the great lap top and printer available for use in the entry foyer. The shower was quite nice with incredible water pressure for and old inn. When our flight back to NY got cancelled, we returned to the inn to await a later flight and were able to park ourselves and our belongings there for many hours as we waited for our flight.

Just a few things to note. We booked room # 1 and although lovely, it was a bit noisy since it is the first room when you enter and it faces the street. I would opt for an upstairs room facing the back of the inn if available. Nantucket is a magical place. My first impression of it was that if all the dolls in the world suddenly came to life, they would choose to live on Nantucket. That said, it is a place to explore, to bike and to walk and to sail. Surfside Beach was really quite nice and the bike paths were awesome. We did not bring a car and I would highly recommend that people do not. If you stay at the Union Street Inn, you can walk to almost anything in town and bike to everything else. It is near the ferries and the shuttle buses and place where the taxis line up. There are way too many cars in the downtown area, do your part and come on foot. This is one island that is meant for exploration.

• Liked — the upscale accomodations
  • Disliked — noise facing the front of the building; opt for a room upstairs and facing the back
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Union Street Inn? Share your experiences!