“Great staff, hit or miss on the food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 Restaurants in Ayer
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great staff, hit or miss on the food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Chicken salad is good but always too much sauce (mayo etc.). Sometimes it's better than others.
The staff is very personable and the owner extremely nice and accommodating.

I believe most of the deserts are made right on premises. We've had some of the cake like products and they are consistently good. We had their apple crisp and loved it but we've found that it's not consistent -- sometimes there is very little topping and other times gobs of it.

There aren't many good places to eat in town so this is a fall back for us. Nashoba Club Chili and Pizza though out-do this place 10-1.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

boston
“Great catering!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have not eaten in the restaurant (yet) but just got a large catering order with LMs and it was a great first experience. Great homemade meatballs, terrific sausage & peppers and very hearty wraps. Desserts also were homemade and were to die for, I got a custom platter and they did a great job. After this experience, I'll be sure to try their pizza and I am certain I will now be a regular for bakery items when I need to pick up pastry.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ayer, Massachusetts
“Pizza soup. Delivery by turtle drawn wagons apparently.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Slow delivery, undercooked soupy pizza . Brown lettuce in salad. never again. Nashoba Club pizza still the best in town.The Cottage for everything else, and Ice Cream in the summer, also, Lazy Mary's is overpriced for the quality clearly. Lazy Mary's is obviously a good name for such a place.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Harvard, Massachusetts
“Best Pizza in immediate area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Pizza is very good and they deliver. Mary wants your business and is very friendly and accomodating. Clean!!! good service

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ayer, Massachusetts
“This wasn't what was on the menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I went at 6 PM and no customers were there. The two waitstaff were quite personable and attentive. As you enter, you're greeted by their dessert counter and three tables to the right for dining in. My husband ordered a medium veggie pizza and I ordered the veggie wrap. They both asked if we wanted to eat in or take out. We indicated the latter and sat at a table. We got a salad to share while we waited for our order. To say it comes with "mixed greens" is a misnomer because it was 90% iceberg lettuce. My husband's comment was that it just had a plain somewhat dought crust like every other pizza parlor in Ayer. Toppings were quite generous. My wrap was a disappointment to say the least. The menu advertises it as containing hummus and roasted peppers along with "mixed greens" carrots, cukes, onions, tomatoes, and cheddar. It was amply full of cheese and most vegetables but there was no hummus or roasted peppers in it. It actually tasted pretty bland without the peppers because there wasn't much onion in it. I doubt we'll return because it asn't much different than other places in town. My husband kept eyeing the desserts but I doubt if they're homemade. The other wraps were appealing to him especially since they use boars head cold cuts. If anything, he'd probably do take out for wraps and desserts. Nice wait staff though.

• Visited February 2013