“Overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Auburn
“Overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Room was nice and b-Fast not bad at all. Like Holiday inn express is known. The only complain was that I request late check out an I put the do not disturb sign and the room keeping person come knocking on our door. Even before check out time. So I'm wonder what is the purpose of having the do not disturb sign for. Other than that it was a good overnight stay.

Stayed June 2014
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello Gabriel M,

First and foremost thank you for making us your lodging choice for the evening as well as taking it to the next step and submitting feedback. It's greatly appreciated. I'm so very sorry that happened to you. I'll be looking into this issue to see what happened and what we can do to make sure it never happens again. Once again my sincerest apologies. We thank you for your time and your business and we hope to see you again soon. If there's anything else you'd like to discuss please feel free to contact me at dadams@roedelcompanies.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Northeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

For the price, is the best buy in the area. I previously stayed at a different brand a couple miles away toward Webster that had a more up to date room but that is now priced beyond reason for what it is. Front desk staff was welcoming and friendly, bed was comfortable, all in working order. Room was clean but feels a little dingy just because of the worn upholstered furniture in the room. Appears to be a hotel that sees a lot of use, e.g., feels worn, but would stay here again for the convenience, price and staff.

Room Tip: pick odd side of building away from the highway (you want to be on the rear side) to avoid highway n...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello NortheastJSj,

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor review! We value any and all feedback. I'm very happy to hear that everything was in working order and such. I would like to apologize for the decor. We are aware of this issue and we are making plans to alleviate this problem. We know a clean, comfortable, warm space is what our guests want and we're working harder than ever to deliver. We thank you very much for kind words, your time and your business. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Would stay here again when in the area. Great value for the price! Staff was out standing! Fran went ou?t of her way during the breakfast area!! I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Greeting when checking was fantastic!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Hello Matthew P!

Thank you ever so much for taking your time to write us a review. Thank you so much for your kind words and your compliments to Fran. I've already passed along your comments to her and she was ecstatic, so thank you! We are always working hard to make sure we deliver superior service everyday and I'm glad that's what we've accomplished here. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My stay at Holiday Inn Express in Auburn, MA was by far the most delightful hotel experience I've had for the price. For context I travel for the majority of my work and have stayed in countless rooms all over the country and abroad.

My check-in (to a room reserved under a different name) was quick and painless with the help of Alyssa behind the desk -- who without prompting noticed I was with another coworker and suggested she could switch our rooms to be nearby and gave a detailed and pleasant description of the hotel and its amenities. She also continued to be extremely helpful and courteous throughout the duration of my two-week stay.

Also at the counter, Kyle gave recommendations on running trails in the local area and provided quick and attentive service when my air conditioner stopped blowing cold air.

Ed, the maintenance man, made it to my room faster than I could ride the elevator back myself. He quickly decided not to try and troubleshoot the a/c and rather just brought up another so I could have one working while he fixed it. Literally within 10 minutes he had the old one out and a new one installed and blowing cold air. Aside from that, he made fantastic company during the quick replacement.

Holiday Inn Express will have my guaranteed business when I return to Auburn, and it's worth your's as well.

Room Tip: The tip on running trails if you're curious is Hodges Dam - about 10 mins south of the hotel on...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
That is just great! I am beyond thrilled to hear this review! Thank you so much for recognizing us on Trip Advisor! Our management and staff just love people. We have the right people in the business to make all of our guests beyond satisfied and feel like they have a home away from home. One of our core values is to deliver superior quality and service every day. And this is exactly what transpired on your stay. Thank you again, and we hope to see you if you are traveling through in the future! Next time, please introduce yourself to me, I would love to meet you!
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

If you need a clean, pleasant place to stay in the middle of nowhere but close to places like Sturbridge, Worcester, etc. Massachusetts, this is it. Spotless. Very, very well trained, efficient front desk staff, one of the better HI Express breakfasts, for some reason, reliable, free wifi, and good beds and pillows, air temp control, etc. Just a really dependable, pleasant place to stay if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you so much!!! We really are happy that we were able to meet all of your needs during your stay! We strive to be the best we can be for all of our guests, as we want to be that home away from home. Cleanliness is key, as well as the friendliness and efficiency of our front desk staff, many of them who have been here for a long time. We have added some new things to our already big breakfast, and that breakfast is loved by all as we have healthy food and the vacation time food! Something for every palate! We hope you stay in the area again so we can see you again! Next time you're in ask for me, I would love to meet you!
Way Upstate, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel had the location we needed after a night game at Fenway and before a Sunday morning graduation in Western Mass. The hotel was nice overall and the room was big and comfortable, but power outlets were tough to locate where we needed them. The free breakfast was OK, at best. I'd say we got our money's worth, though.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you were satisfied, but it sounds like there was more for you to attain towards this. I apologize for that. And I totally understand the issue with the electrical hookups. In this day and age, we need more for all of our necessary gadgets. We are working on that situation, however. Our breakfast is quite extensive with our hot and cold items and we are frequently adding new and healthier items. So I hope in the future if you stay again, you will be able to taste some of the newer things we have on our menu. However, we will probably still have all the hot items, the eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, as well as our signature cinnamon rolls, cereals, pastries, pancakes, etc. So we certainly don't plan on downsizing our breakfast that's for sure! Please contact us if we can do anything else for you, and we would love to have you stay again!
WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Just returned from a week here; this is the third time an associate and I have stayed here. The room is always comfortable and the location is convenient for us.

We had a slight problem in our room upon arrival and happened to run into the maintenance supervisor by the elevator. I mentioned it to him in passing and it was taken care of by the next time we returned to our room. I'm sorry I didn't get his name because he is a big asset to the HI, exhibiting a real attitude of service to guests.

In fact, every staff member that we spoke to from housekeeping to front desk, was friendly and helpful. Keep up the good work Holiday Inn Auburn...we'll see you next year!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Super!!! So glad to hear that! We have passed your kind words onto Ed, our maintenance supervisor, as well as us here on the management team. I also want to thank you for staying with us again! We love our repeat customers and we work very diligently to make your stay even better every time you return! Next year you will find some new items on our menu and also some other exciting things happening here at the hotel! We are looking forward to seeing you next year, and hopefully even before!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!