“A good stopover point” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Auburn
London
“A good stopover point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were given a suite on arrival so we had plenty of space. The room was quiet comfortable and clean. The location at the end of a wholesale retail park slip road was not promising but this proved to be a very reasonably priced stopover point on our journey up to Vermont. The Hotel is 30 minutes from the Old Stourbridge Museum. There is a restaurant on the main road 50 yards under the freeway bridge next to the hotel for evening meals. You can walk there but the path is a bit dark and overgrown so drive if nervous. The staff ere very helpful and breakfast was included. Plenty of parking and free wifi. A very enjoyable stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello! First and foremost thank you so much for your time in filling out this review. We're sorry that maybe our location was a cause for alarm, but also we're glad that it didn't affect your stay! We have plenty of great services here at the hotel and the surrounding area and we love to use them to make your stay everything it can be! If you're ever in the area again please make sure to stop by the desk and introduce yourself. I'd love to meet you! Have a great day!

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was our first stay in this hotel while spending a couple days at Old Sturbridge Village. We were staying on points and hoped to get a room upgrade. Upon checking in, Jared said an upgrade didn't look good. They were booked. Jared checked further and found a corner suite that was awesome! We were comfortable and Jared was still working in the morning and went out of his way to see that we were happy. Jared is a huge asset to this hotel! Thank you Jared for making our stay awesome!!!

Stayed October 2013
Hello! Thank you so much for submitting your review! Your very kind words have been passed on to Jared and he has been given much recognition for it. We love to see when one of our employees goes out of their way to make sure everyone's stay is as perfect as possible. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here and if you're in the area make sure to stop by again! Once again, thank you for your time!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It may take a bit to find this place, but it was a very nice hotel and I would stay here again. My King Suite was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, great pillows and the shower heads at Holiday Inn never disappoint. Nothing to complain about and I recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Douglas A, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello! Thank you for taking time out of your day to write this review! I'm glad to hear that you would stay with us again. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure your stay is perfect, we're glad to hear it paid off! If you're ever in the area again, please let me know I'd love to meet you! Once again, thank you for your time and have a great day!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We found this hotel to be wonderful. Very bright and clean, very quiet and the staff was friendly and clearly take pride in caring for their hotel. It is conveniently located right off the Mass Turnpike near Auburn just outside of Boston.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello! Thank you so much for your very kind worded review! You hit the nail right on the head with how much we all care about our property here. Everyone works extra hard to make sure every stay is as good as the one you had! So if you ever find yourself in the area again make sure you take advantage of our convenient location. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again!
Lisbon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family and I stayed here on our way to NYC. Hotel is right off Massachusetts turnpike. Very clean hotel with nice staff. Close to restaurants and shopping mall. Good size rooms with free coffee and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We are so thankful that you took the time to write a review, but even more thankful that you stayed with us! It is so good to know that we were a nice stop for you on your way back to the City. Our guests and their needs are valued so highly here, and we work hard at making your stay a great one! I hope you are in the area again and can stay if you are!
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This Holiday Inn is nice and handy for the area. Close to lots of food choices. Staff is friendly and helpful. Good bedding package and clean room. Furniture is in great condition. Rates are high at this location because off lots of ongoing events in the surrounding area and rooms go fast.

Room Tip: Find a room away from hiway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. There is nothing more satisfying to know that our guests had a very pleasing stay. Our staff works hard to prepare just the right atmosphere whether it be in the rooms or for breakfast or all the different things that we offer for you in preparation for your arrival! We would love to have you visit us again, and if you are in town next time, I would love to meet you!
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I enjoyed my stay up until the middle of the night or should I say the wee hours of the morning. I was awoken by a shuffling sound coming from my hotel room door. I wasn't sure if someone was trying to enter the room. I woke up and sat uptight startled and listening to the sound coming from my door. When the noise subsided I laid back down and tried to go back to sleep but to no avail. In the morning I found my check-out information folded up sticking inside my room from the door. If the individual had just quietly slipped the flat sheet of paper under my door it would never have awoken and frightened me.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I am so very sorry about this noise disrupting your sleep and startling you. I can totally understand. When you're not sure at that time of the morning where the noise is coming from, it is quite startling and even harder to go back to sleep. Please accept our apologies for this. We have had a new night auditor and we have explained to her the proper way to insert guest's folios in order that their sleep is not disturbed to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Please feel free to contact me if you would like in regards to this.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!