“Nice Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Auburn
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Nice Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This Holiday Inn is nice and handy for the area. Close to lots of food choices. Staff is friendly and helpful. Good bedding package and clean room. Furniture is in great condition. Rates are high at this location because off lots of ongoing events in the surrounding area and rooms go fast.

Room Tip: Find a room away from hiway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review. There is nothing more satisfying to know that our guests had a very pleasing stay. Our staff works hard to prepare just the right atmosphere whether it be in the rooms or for breakfast or all the different things that we offer for you in preparation for your arrival! We would love to have you visit us again, and if you are in town next time, I would love to meet you!

172 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I enjoyed my stay up until the middle of the night or should I say the wee hours of the morning. I was awoken by a shuffling sound coming from my hotel room door. I wasn't sure if someone was trying to enter the room. I woke up and sat uptight startled and listening to the sound coming from my door. When the noise subsided I laid back down and tried to go back to sleep but to no avail. In the morning I found my check-out information folded up sticking inside my room from the door. If the individual had just quietly slipped the flat sheet of paper under my door it would never have awoken and frightened me.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I am so very sorry about this noise disrupting your sleep and startling you. I can totally understand. When you're not sure at that time of the morning where the noise is coming from, it is quite startling and even harder to go back to sleep. Please accept our apologies for this. We have had a new night auditor and we have explained to her the proper way to insert guest's folios in order that their sleep is not disturbed to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Please feel free to contact me if you would like in regards to this.
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Over 50 extended family members from Ohio stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for a wedding we attended in Auburn. This hotel's staff went well beyond our expectations to accommodate us during our visit. Specifically, they allowed my sister to have a catered dinner for us in the hotel lobby the night people arrived before the wedding; as well as handling the large group in the lobby to gather after the wedding. The rooms were clean, and breakfast, while not "gourmet" was adequate to fill a stomach! I would not hesitate to stay here again, should the need arise.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Super! We really enjoyed having you and your wedding party here that weekend, it was just as lovely for us! We were truly honored to be the hotel of your choice on that most magical event in your family's life! We always welcome you back if you are in the area or if you have another function in the area! Thank you again!
philadelphia, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I were on our way to Maine and we spent a quick night at the Holiday Inn Express. We parked, checked in and were in our room in less than ten minutes (which was great after a long and stressful drive). The beds were extremely comfortable and we didn't hear a sound from the hallway. I especially was impressed by the staff who were so friendly, efficient and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
We want to say how grateful we are that you took the time to write about your stay. It's music to our ears to hear that you were refreshed by a great nights sleep and a quick check in. Our staff truly loves all the guests who choose our hotel, and really take utmost delight in making them feel welcome. I really hope you pass through here again and stay another night when you do! Chili's Restaurant is now delivering their scrumptious food to the hotel (something for you to try next time),and also we are offering our WOO cards out for loaners for a nice night on the town for a discount! So we hope to see you again and offer you some great new options!
Halifax, N.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night as a stopover on a trip from Atlantic Canada to Washington. We were greeted and checked in efficiently and courteously. We were originally given a ground floor room, and when I asked if we could have a room above the ground floor, Jared was able to move us to a room on the second floor quickly and easily, even though the hotel was quite full. The room was a standard size 2 queens, with fridge and microwave. Breakfast was standard HI Express fare, but was well attended to by staff. Lots of room in the breakfast area. Room and hotel were very clean, and quiet. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you very much!!! I am so happy that we were able to accommodate you! Our guests satisfaction is our number one need, and it sounds like that's what you experienced! We would love to have you again if you are traveling through, so please give us a ring and let us know when you're in the area!
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed two nights at this fantastic hotel in July. We extended our stay with one night because we couldn't think of a better choice closer to Boston. We took a flight to Sweden out of Boston after a long vacation in the US. The personnel were helpful and service minded. The breakfast was great. They had an automated panncake machine (the fist one I've ever seen). The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We had a great stay and we would stay there again! A great price considering how close to Boston it is situated. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kathy K, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Auburn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Fabulous!!! So glad you had a wonderful time here! We love making your stay above great, just as much as you loved staying here! Isn't the pancake machine a hit? It is so cool, and I love the pancakes it makes! Put that with some butter and maple syrup...mmm good! Please come back and visit us anytime and introduce yourself! Maybe we can sit down and have pancakes together!
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I spent two nights last week at this hotel. when I checked in I was asked if I would like a fresh cookie and that was the beginning of my wonderful experience. In fact every day we had fresh cookies. I travel a lot and am Priority Platinum and two things I expect in a hotel are good Wi-Fi and good pillows. I was not disappointed! Wi-Fi worked all the time and the pillows were good. The staff was very professional and kind. Helped me find antique shops to visit after I finished my work and made a great suggestion on where to find a really good lobster roll. Hope I get to return to Auburn and to this hotel in the future on vacation on shop for antiques. Even though this hotel was sold out one of the nights that I was there, breakfast was still very good, never ran out of anything.

Room Tip: I had a room in the middle of the hall on the 3 floor, no problem with noise. Of course the fact th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you!!! We really appreciate the time you took to brag on us! :) But more importantly, the fact that you had such a great stay and the things that were important to you were satisfied is our main goal and concern! I am glad the staff was able to direct you to some great antique places. If you went to nearby Putnam, I hope you were able to have a coffee and great piece of Danish or cookie or a super great lunch fare at 85 Main. We hope to see you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Auburn? Share your experiences!