“Fantastic Clams!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Toano, Virginia, United States
“Fantastic Clams!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Boston from CT. It was my first time eating fried clams with the bag, they were wonderful! I grew up in VA, but my parents grew up in MA, they were in heaven.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Endicott, New York
“Check your takeout order before you leave.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Phoned in an order for 3 meals. Each was to come with cole slaw and a choice of potato. What I received were 2 meals without and one with cole slaw and fries...no choice. Since the parking lot was empty, I suspect the experience would have been about the same had I ordered to eat there. The food I tried was good but getting an incomplete order drops their rating.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great seafood !! (:”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

They have great tasting seafood, & they have three locations in Central Massachusetts. They also have ice cream in the summer.

Visited March 2013
Oxford, Massachusetts
“Nothing to write home about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was so excited to have clam chowder and clam cakes...I think that led to the major disappointment...the clam cakes were not cooked all the way thru, and the clam chowder was more of a soup than a chowder. And maybe because I took the fried clams home to eat...they were soggy, If I had not gotten it all to go, maybe it would have been better. I don't know. my 2nd trip there for another try wasn't any better.

Visited March 2013
Dallas, Texas
“A must on every trip to Massachusetts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I live in Texas but all of my extended family lives in New England, and my parents grew up in small town Western Mass, where some of my family still lives. We come back for visits at often as possible, especially at Christmastime. I love the roadsize seafood shacks back East, and I look forward to visits to The Clam Box (Brookfield location) every time we visit! I love their clam strip meals, and I think the tugboat size is just the right amount of food for me. When we were there last, a couple of days before Christmas, the haddock catch of the day was also amazing! Then, the icing on top of a great meal is the amazingly creamy ice cream. Last year they were out of my favorite pistachio so that made my visit this year. All in all, The Clam Box is a family staple!

• Visited December 2012