“Not much to look at but good food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Not much to look at but good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant doesn't look like much and the service isn't great but the food is pretty good. The fajitas and margaritas are excellent.

Visited August 2014

USA
“On the downhill slide”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This used to be a fantastic Mexican restaurant, but the last few times we've been there it has been a disappointment.

They have cleaned the place up, painted and added more tables, but the wait staff is tired and lost interest. They are just THERE.

You go in, they point toward a table and mutter at you. The menus are plopped down and they want to know what you want to drink. In a short while they want to know what you want to eat and walk away. When the food comes out it is plopped down and away they go again. You are forgotten until they want you out. At that time they put the bill down and ask if there is anything else. Gee, really???

The serving sizes have been reduced, and the prices have increased slightly, so what used to be a reasonable meal at a reasonable price has become a disappointment.

The wait staff is the biggest issue though. It is clear they don't really want to be there.

After our last visit, we decided we just won't inconvienance them by being there again.

We did try their other restaurant by the same name in Pawtucket RI- a sister location we guessed because the menu is the same.

The RI location staff is friendly and they don't act as if you are a bother for them. The food is WAY too salty to be able to enjoy though and the drinks seem watered down significantly.

If we decide we MUST visit a mexican restaurant before we find something better than El Azteca it will have to be the RI location. We'll just select things that should have a lower salt content and not bother w/ watered down drinks.

We are definitely looking for something better though!

Visited June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“It was pretty good, but not my favorite place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My brother and I were looking for a late dinner. He always liked this place more than me, but he has never travelled to places with the most authentic food. So, as for my tastes, I think you get better Mexican food where there are large numbers of Mexican people living since there is more competition to be great. This place to me is average in their food quality and presentation. It isn't spiced as much as salted and I like my food with a spicy kick that is absent. Adding hot sauce after cooking is just not the same. In all honesty, I avoid going here unless my brother drags me. It isn't much on atmosphere either. It's a hole in the wall sort of place that probably is not too bad for a quick lunch option, but I just don't care for it that much. I have a more discerning palate! lol

Visited July 2014
Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Best Mexican Food in area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Fabulous food, great prices; fun atmosphere. I take friends there; the service is fast, the food portions generous, the bill very affordable.

Visited October 2013
Newton, Massachusetts
“Best mexican in MA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is by far the best place to get Mexican food in Massachusetts. It has a very authentic taste and they use the perfect amount of spice on everything. The margs are great here too!

Visited June 2014