“This is a great restaurant but the pot roast stinks” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 86 Restaurants in Attleboro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Lincoln ri
“This is a great restaurant but the pot roast stinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here many times and I have always loved the food. I was NOT expecting Cisco sliced generic beef when I ordered the pot roast. It sucked. I was surprised when I told the staff the didn't get the cook. I love the place but I recommend they trash the box beef slices. This was NOT pot roast

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Groton, Vermont
“Overall great place for an affordable meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Not fine dine dining, but descent food for a great price. The french canadian meat pie is very good. I generally go for breakfast. Huge portions and friendly service. One of the oldest family run restaurants in the Attleboro area.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Louis
“Delicious, sizeable portions, home-cooking taste and style with a down-home, comfortable, friendly, informal diner atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The best chili and meat pie I have ever tasted. Generous portions for the price. The waitresses were wonderful. I was happy to see how the obvious regulars treated one another, with care and respect. Quite a welcoming place; we met a solo customer who comes several meals a week who simply told the waitress, "the regular please".... what ever plate he ordered, looked good on the home-style generous size plate. They accommodated my health needs, too!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We saw this restaurant on DDD, and tried it out on the next night, the food was excellent, the service great and the prices from yester-year. There is nothing not to like, good home cooked food. We mentioned to the waitress we had seen the review on television and the next thing we knew the owner came to our table. The place is a must do, enjoy!!

Visited November 2013
Toronto ON
“Good Home town food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Saw this place featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives and since we were in the area on vacation we thought we would check it out.

We went there for breakfast, which was not featured on the show, and the food was still very good. Like a previous reviewer stated the diner has a weird set up with the original diner, an added on room and then a bar room. We were served promptly and we both had the Freddie Eggwiches with a side of home fried potatoes for me and 2 slices of French toast for my fiance. All of the items were great, especially the sandwiches. We liked that we got our meal quickly, so that we could get on our way to other places for the day.
If you're looking for a high end restaurant this is not it. This is an All-American diner serving classic American foods. From what we ate and experienced they're doing it right.

• Visited August 2013