“Best hot dogs in the northeast” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 86 Restaurants in Attleboro
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Quincy
“Best hot dogs in the northeast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

We saw Chronicle on TV showing this old old diner selling 300 to 600 dogs a day. Being from the south our dogs are the best in the world to us and we have never found one in the north to compete. We drove the 30+ miles to Attleboro and my gosh was it ever worth the drive! These dogs beat most if not all the NC places we used to frequent. The diner is sooo.... old but you can see why it still has non-stop sit down and to go traffic. There were at least 50 dogs resting in various stages of the cooking process on the grill. We ordered 4 and with chili onions and mustard. They were made within one minute by Art the owner who works like the energizer bunny. It is a very friendly atmosphere from the staff and the patrons as it is tight quarters in there but in a good way. The fries were shoestring and perfectly done as well. We'll be making this trek quite often now that we know about Tex Barry's.
Did I say inexpensive, well they are @ 1.50 each

Attleboro, MA
“Simply The BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

i live right down the street and every time i go there its better then the last time they have the best hot dogs the best cheesebergers and the best fries and if you go there a few times Arther (he runs the place) knows your order when u walk in hands down the best hot dog place in MA great food great people great atmosphere

Wherever the Navy sends us!
“My favorite hot dogs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

I grew up in the area, and have eaten my fair share of hot dogs, and these are the ones that I crave. There is just something about them, you can eat them there or take them to go and they are still amazing no matter where or when you eat them.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Dogs in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

I have traveled all over the country and have tried "other" hot dogs. But, the BEST place to get dogs is Tex Barry's in Attleboro, MA. Everything from the service to the prices are excellent. You even get FREE advice from the workers about NASCAR. It's a small hometown diner with worldwide taste. As the old saying goes " TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT"

A TripAdvisor Member
“The best hot dogs ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

I can not believe how awesome these hot dogs are! The chili sauce is superb, not spicy hot but with just a bit of a twang to wet your whistle. The fries are also some of the best I've ever had--delicately fried so there's no "hard" pieces, they almost melt in your mouth. The diner is like an old time diner--a counter with stools and several tables. The owner is a sweetheart- I think his name is Art. The conversation is so easy there---everyone feels at home. You have to try this place!