“Always Good Food and Nice Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 77 Restaurants in Arlington
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Corinth, Texas
“Always Good Food and Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We always stop at Jimmy's if we are in town visiting family. It has a family atmosphere and does appear to cater to the older crowd too. There is a small nice bar are separate from the dining area which is nice. I've eaten here at least 5 times on different trips through town and everything was always very good and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Arlington, Massachusetts, United States
“Great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great food, the service was a little bit slow but it was also the end of the night so it would not surprise me if she was just tired. The food was awesome I had steak tips an they were perfectly cooked. Everybody at the table loved their food, would of been five stars if the waitstaff was a little better. Definitly recommend

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winchester, Massachusetts
“Excellent Filet Mignon and prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Their specialties are crabmeat pie, steaks, Italian specialties--delightful eggplant parm and raviolis, fun mixed drinks including daily specials. Sports bar too, attractive decor, simple menu, but usually a serious wait to be seated at high traffic times. Worth it for the excellent food and very good prices.

Visited June 2012
Malibu, California
“Geritol Served Here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This joint aspires to mediocrity - and falls short. But it seems to be popular with the Geritol set. It's longevity seems to validate P.T. Barnum's sage advice - there's a sucker born every minute. Noisy and dark with cafeteria food fancied up for the uninitiated.

Visited September 2011
“Good food between shifts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We went to Jimmy's yesterday around 3:30p.m. There was no wait as a matter of fact it was one of the quietest times I've seen at the restaurant. Shortly after we were seated the waitress buzzed by and said she would be right with us, she then picked up the bill for the table in front of us and went out back. My husband and I were distracted from the wait by looking at the menu. I was pleasantly surprised to notice that we got lunch menus!! As soon as I realized this I suggested that we get an appetizer. The waitress seemed a little busy but I think that was because she was the only one taking tables at the time we arrived. When she did come over she took our drink order and said she would be back in a minute. When she came back she had warm rolls and said the drinks were being made at the bar. We ordered our appetizer, potato skins, and she left to get our drinks. Once the drinks and potato skins arrived we dug in the potato skins were hot with a good amount of cheese and bacon on top. There were 6 to the order we only ate 4 as we knew we were going to get salads. The salads arrived and they were cold, crisp and dressed. I forgot to ask for the dressing on the side. As it was my fault I let it go and enjoyed the salad. The waitress checked back to make sure everything was as we ordered and I asked for a glass of water which she brought quickly. Once the meals arrived, I got a petite steak smothered in oinions, peppers and mushrooms and my husband got the chicken and eggplant parmesian, we realized we would have some leftovers. The steak was cooked to order and came with a baked potato that was cooked perfectly. My husbands parmesian was also terrific and with one piece of chicken and 2 or 3 pieces of eggplant along with pasta lots of food for the money.We also got dessert we each ordered the strawberry shortcake. Trust me this is a dessert that can be shared!! It was huge. I think it was 1 and one half biscuits covered in strawberry sauce with some strawberries and four dolups of whip cream! Yummy!!! Overall a good meal with good service for a GREAT price. We will be back!!!

• Visited May 2012