“Almost excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Massachusetts Avenue, Rte 16 Mass Ave Intersect-20' From Cambridge, MA, Arlington, MA 02474   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arlington
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Almost excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

If it were not for a disappointing encounter with a staff person regarding confusion over my reservation, I would have rated this hotel as excellent. The hotel is located on the border of Arlington and Cambridge, with easy access to public transportation (the bus line and Alewife T-station). I purchased a 7-day Charlie Card at the airport for $18 when I arrived which made getting around even easier. I also got a rental car 1/2 way thru my one week stay, and the complimentary parking was an extra bonus for this area. The establishment itself was clean, breakfast was provided - along with a dinner selection M-Th (which I did not use), and the housekeeping and dining staff were especially friendly and efficient. The bed was very comfortable, and the suite itself was also pleasant. My only issue was that the hotel did not have a record of my reservation (a confusion between the hotel and the booking company). Sadly, the staff person I spoke with did little to initiate helping to alleviate my concern or resolve the problem. I did, however, get it resolved, secured a room, and the rest of my stay was very pleasant. I am chalking this up to one poor mishap; and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your taking the time to tell us what worked well and where we can improve, also for providing so many great hints for future travelers staying with us. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to be of service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have stayed at this Homewood suites before and will stay here again. It is wonderfully located, I like the free parking when I rent a vehicle and close enough to go downtown Boston for business. The breakfast is wonderful as well as a dinner when I happen to be on site. This location is great for business or leisure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

LRisemanDOS, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. we really appreciate your business and taking the time to review the hotel! We especially appreciate your pointing out how close we are to Boston and transportation.
Madison, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed here for the 2014 Boston Marathon, and had a really enjoyable stay. Food was pretty good, and I really liked being able to prepare my own food in my room. The staff actually put out breakfast earlier than scheduled on race morning, which was very thoughtful, and I was happy to grab some coffee on my way out the door. Staff is very friendly and accommodating, getting us a trundle bed when we found the pull-out bed uncomfortable and promptly bringing a replacement hair-dryer when ours wasn't working. I've stayed at other Homewood Suites before, and found this to be the nicest--both in its facilities and friendliness of staff--one so far. Is located about a half mile walk from the train station, along a nice running path. So very convenient both for my pre-race jog and getting to the station.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for the kind words about our staff and the hotels services and amenities also for choosing us as your hotel of record for the Boston Marathon. We are thrilled you were pleased!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

This hotel enhanced a great trip to the Boston Marathon. The proximity to public transportation was convenient. the hotel staff was friendly and professional. the complimentary meals were enjoyable.This hotel is clean and well maintained.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Your review warmed our hearts and we especially aprreciated the comments on the cleanliness and proximity to everything. Thank you for staying with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great service and accommodations. Convenient to public transportation....walk along a scenic path to the subway or take the bus directly in front of the hotel...about 15 minutes to Harvard Square...25 minutes to Boston. Great breakfast included.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your lovely review! You pointed out many of key areas we strive to ensure are excellent, I hope you will visit us again!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel is in a good location between Cambridge and Arlington. We had a quiet, clean room and a comfortable stay with friendly and efficient staff. I might give the hotel a better rating if we were given a bed bigger than a double, or if the cost were lower. Otherwise, I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your compliments on our staff and the accommodations...and your honest feedback on cost..the rates do tend to fluctuate through the year and that time period was very busy. Thanks for choosing us.
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Had wonderful experience with this hotel. Courteous staff, breakfast with different variety and comfortable beds. The hotel is located not too far from Harvard and MIT, with bus stop right in front of the building. It is one of the best Homewood Suites that I have stayed before. Please keep up with the good work!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

What can I say but thank you for your stay with us and all the nice comments on this review, we share them with our staff and they are so happy to hear them!

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington? Share your experiences!