First, I'd like to say that I stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago when I helped move my brother to BU. We had a great stay with no problems. Naturally, when it was time to come back to Boston, this was the first place I looked. I booked my rooms almost a year in advance. About a week prior to arrival I received a call from the General Manager, Liz, to let me know that I was going to be relocated because the hotel was oversold for graduation. I told her that there were 6 of us coming from different states and it would be very inconvenient to relocate us. I also stated that since I'm a Director of Revenue for a Hilton branded hotel (and have been for 8 years) that I understood her situation and wanted to help. I offered to put my family of 6 grown adults into one 1 bedroom suite for the first night if she would allow us to stay. She agreed to that. She also stated that if anything were to come available that I would for sure be able to get my second room.
The night before I arrived I called the hotel to see if they had had any no shows or late cancellations. I spoke with both the front desk and the evening manager (I don't remember his name). They said there was a room that had come available and they put me back in with two rooms, and emailed me confirmations. I was very excited. My sister then went to check in the following morning and was allowed to check into both rooms. After she had already checked in, Liz made the front desk call and tell her that she couldn't have the second room. So, after she checked into both rooms, one was taken away. That is completely and totally unprofessional in my opinion.
When I went to the hotel to get my room keys (I arrived a few hours after my sister) they stated that we only had one room now. I asked why we only had one room when I had spoken to a manager the night before and my sister had been able to check into both rooms. I was instructed that the hotel really didn't have two rooms. I asked if it was because a room was in maintenance or because it was sold. I was told that it was sold, and was sold under Liz's instruction.
So at this point, I'm starting to get mad. We then all pile into a room and the bathroom toilet doesn't work. Six adults have to use the lobby restroom because we can't flush. The next morning we move to another room, and again the bathroom doesn't work, and never did the entire 6 days we were there. Although we called it in multiple times, and they "fixed the problem", it never was fixed.
This is by far the WORST service I have ever had at any Hilton brand hotel. Again, I manage a Hilton property so I am usually very understanding to problems that may arise, but after staying here, I lost all patience and felt like I was being treated the way I was because I was paying the employee rate. Regardless of what rate someone pays, they should still be treated like a guest. That is one of the perks of working for a hotel chain...you get cheap rooms. All I got was a kick in the butt.
I would like to reiterate, that the front desk staff was great, and maintenance made several trips to the room to try and help, but hotels are run from the top down. Leadership makes a big difference and the leadership at this hotel is definitely lacking. There is alot of potential, but they will never live up to it as long as they treat people the way I got treated.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton / Cambridge - Arlington Hotel Arlington
- Homewood Suites By Hilton / Cambridge - Arlington Hotel
- Homewood Suites Arlington
- Hawthorn Suites Arlington
- Arlington Homewood
- Arlington Homewood Suites
- Arlington Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Homewood Suites By Hilton featuring 100 spacious king or queen-bedded 1 bedroom or studio suites with added foldout sofabed,all with kitchenettes and full-sized refrigerators. Complimentary hot breakfast buffet every day, Complimentary Light Dinner Mon-Thu nights 5PM-7PM, free wifi and business ctr. Free covered parking in underground garage.Guest Laundry Room. Located on MBTA/Metro bus line, 1/2 mile to Subway/Tube Station. Menotomy Grill and Tavern next door. 2 miles to Harvard Sq./Univ., 1 mile to Tufts Univ., 5 miles to Boston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Cambridge-Arlington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.