“Third time - lost its charm - overpriced” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 90 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Mexican food varies by region, because of local climate and geography and ethnic differences among the indigenous inhabitants and because these different populations were influenced by the Spaniards in varying degrees. The north of Mexico is known for its beef, goat and ostrich production and meat dishes, in particular the well-known arrachera cut.The six regions of Mexico differ greatly in their cuisines. In the Yucatán, for instance, a unique, natural sweetness (instead of spiciness) exists in the widely used local produce along with an unusual love for achiote seasoning. In contrast, the Oaxacan region is known for its savory tamales, celebratory moles, and simple tlayudas while the mountainous regions of the West (Jalisco, etc.) are known for goat birria (goat in a spicy tomato-based sauce).Central Mexico's (DURANGO where we are from.) cuisine is largely influenced by the rest of the country, but has unique dishes such as barbacoa, pozole, menudo and carnitas.Southeastern Mexico, on the other hand, is known for its spicy vegetable and chicken-based dishes. The cuisine of Southeastern Mexico has a considerable Caribbean influence due to its location. Seafood is commonly prepared in states that border the Pacific Ocean or the Gulf of Mexico, the latter having a famous reputation for its fish dishes, à la veracruzana.
Oslo, Norway
“Third time - lost its charm - overpriced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

This is the third time I've been to La Posada. I'm sad to say that I was taken aback when I saw my final bill! My sister and I ordered the Tilapia special which was ok, but nothing very special At that price - $16.90 a plate I think we could have gotten a better grade of fish - not Tilapia - cheap, bland and flavorless. The accompaniments to the fish dish were ok, but not gourmet level which what I would expect at that price. The guacamole starter is very nice, but I don't remember it being close to $10.00.
No thanks, not again. They should stick to what they had been good at - home style Mexican food at decent prices - If they want to charge a lot more, they have to prepare something worthy of the price. I think they've become a bit too popular so I guess they figure they can start to charge a lot more for the same quality. Too bad.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Attleboro
“Area favorite for fresh Mexican cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Reasonably priced for the area. Fresh, flavorful Mexican food. BYOB. The vegetarian burrito is delicious and filling, and the tortilla chips and salsa are complimentary. The setting is a somewhat dark, cramped, but the decor makes it feel cozy and cafe-like. It has been busy on my dinner visits, and has no waiting area, so I have stood outside waiting to eat here. The audio level from patron talking tends to be loud.

• Visited April 2012
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Great food at reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

The food is great and at a reasonable price. I am a local and eat there often with family, friends and clients. Every time I go I try something different.
While I like some meals better than others, they are all good.

• Visited March 2012
Arlington, Massachusetts
“Delicious, home-style Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

A lovely little restaurant in Arlington Heights. The food is great, and very reasonably priced.

Boston
“Yummy and authentic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

My husband and I went here to enjoy one of my last meals of my pregnancy, and we really enjoyed the flavors. I had the stuffed peppers, which were too cheesy for my taste, but the flavor was authentic. My husband had the carne asada, which I had a taste from, and wow, it was amazing! Prices are right on and though the place is quite small, it has a quaint atmosphere and friendly staff. But, get there early, I saw many people waiting in line while we were eating to get seats.

• Visited August 2011