“Highly recommend - I will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Highly recommend - I will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was recommended by the Canadian consulate nearby to go here, as she is Macedonian and told me they have proper Macedonian cuisine. With that in mind, I expected a quality meal overall, but my expectations were surpassed. The decor is tasteful and modern, but still has a slight traditional feel; I was nicely greeted and, honestly, one of the best things about the experience was the high quality of wait staff and service.
The food I had (a great vegetable soup, very tasty; a traditional dish called Turli Tava, again great; and an amazing dessert) all was exceptional and tasty.
So, highly recommend this one and on my next trip to Skopje I'll definitely come back!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Rijeka, Croatia
“Nice traditional food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is something to see taste. Food is nice and variety of food gives you enough space to choose what you like. Go for Pastermalia and similar, the waiter will help.

Visited October 2013
“Wonderful experience at Skopski Merak. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in Skopje and got recommendations from the hotel that this restaurant is good for having traditional Macedonian food which proved to be perfect. The service was really good and the guys speak good English there. Tested a great Macedonian wine and it was awesome. The food was delicious and the atmosphere there is just great, later on there were a local band who did traditional music performances. Strongly recommend this authentic restaurant.

New Delhi, India
“Warm hospitality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Will remember Skopski Merak for the exceptionally warm hospitality of the highly experienced waiters. I was all by myself for dinner at this restaurant on the recommendation of my hotel at Skopje (received 10 per cent discount through the hotel as well). The restaurant is located on a street housing several other restaurants and hence exisitng in a competitive environment. I was received with immense warmth by the waiter and he helped me through the menu. I went by his recommendation on red wine, which I did not regret. Had a local grilled fish on waiter's recommendation again. There is lot to choose, emphasis being on salads and grills. Live music, though loud, was enjoyable, specially as they sang one of my favourites - Let it Be. There are lots of options in meats and poultry as well. Good value for money - approx. 20 Euros for a fine dining experience with couple of glasses of wine. Will recommend the restaurant for at least one meal while at Skopje.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service, great value - a must visit if here for a few nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited here after reading TA reviews.

Wide menu with lots of choice - very clear english so great for visitors. Nice locally produced chardonnay served, and good beer selection.

Staff were attentive and friendly without intrusion, and we felt welcome and not at all rushed, even though the restaurant was very busy with locals.

Live music playing was great fun but quite loud - our indoor table was perfect as we could hear but also talk easily.

Price for 2 starters, 2 mains plus a side, 1 large water, 2 beers and 2 glasses of wine was under £40 which is not the cheapest in Skopje but brilliant value for us for what we had.

Would definitely recommend.